Test Engineer Health IT
The Interoperability and Validation Lab-Health
Imec's interoperability and validation Lab delivers test and validation services on interoperability issues to different governments, companies and civil society organizations. Currently, we are running several health interoperability projects based on Belgian (kmehr) and international standards (IHE, HL7, FHIR, etc.) providing assistance to software implementations with regards to data-sharing at a clinical level between healthcare providers (institutions and individuals). We run tests with vendors, propose new business projects and occasionally develop own software or integrate existing software to support our testing activities.
You will join a highly skilled well-balanced team of experts in testing and validation, operating out of our offices located in Hasselt (Corda Campus) and occasionally be present for meetings in Leuven or Brussels. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
What you will do
As a test engineer at imec you will deliver a contribution to knowledge building in the healthcare IT sector (vendors, stakeholders, government,…) around interoperability and problems when scaling from lab to living lab to go life in the health and care sector.
The interoperability and validation lab is a test and experimentation environment for:
* Software testing on use case basis, with special attention to cross-system and cross-discipline interoperability and user experience.
* Validation of software integrations and interoperability based upon governmental eHealth services.
* Set-up and orchestration of ideation and co-innovation sessions with stakeholders from health and care sector.
As a test engineer at our I&V lab you will be responsible for:
* Testing competences:
- Definition of technical test scenario's and support on execution
- Be the go-to person for support, reporting and test automatisation
- Stretched contact basis with health IT vendors and end-users
* System competences:
- Plan and arrange lab infrastructure towards fore set goals (interoperability and user testing in healthcare)
Maintenance and keeping up to date existing software systems. If necessary, elaborate existing infrastructure or match with other imec expertise
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
* To succeed in this role, you ideally have a Bachelor's degree or equal, and you already have a proven track record in information technology and processes.
* You have practical experience of ca. 3-5 years in working with different IT platforms and software testing. You are comfortable with the following tasks:
- Set up of test scenario's, plans and scripts
- Systems to support test management (SpiraTest, …)
- Systems to support test automatization (AutoIT, …)
- OS, WINDOWS, LINUX
* Basic knowledge of Java, .NET, Powershell, RESTful web services and XML-tools in relation to test automatisation and prototyping is a must.
* You have knowledge of connectivity and interoperability standards in health IT:
- Belgian eHealth infrastructure and software
- Privacy and security aspects
- Interoperability standards such as IHE, HL7, FHIR, …
* You have notions of:
- Virtualization: VMWare
- Security: Firewall, Websense, Web security, management of SSL certificates
- Cloud Services and Server Based computing
* You are a strong team player. You are transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
* You love to take on challenges and are highly results-driven.
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date
Don't miss out on new job opportunities
Receive new job opportunities
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsWearablesPhotovoltaicsGaN
Sensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences
What we offer