Senior Data Scientist
Date: Dec 27, 2017
Location: Anderlecht, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our IT Advanced Analytics team in Anderlecht, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of:
Senior Data Scientist.
Are you an expert in data science, machine learning and AI? Are you passionate about innovation in healthcare? This remarkable blend of talent means you are ready to build the next-generation technologies that will help improve patients' lives.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Bring to life artificial intelligence applications with a positive impact for patients, by collaborating closely with the core data science team as well as with our architects, developers and other stakeholders.
* Be part of the latest advances in data science, machine learning and deep learning through exploration, prototyping and connecting to open source communities, academia and innovative companies.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will contribute by:
* Working closely with key partners across the company to understand opportunities and then exploring, designing and developing new analytics approaches
* Exploring structured and unstructured datasets to generate insights, and working with domain experts to turn them into actionable recommendations
* Deploying analytics workflows into smart applications by being part of product teams and following an agile development approach
* Developing novel data science ideas, pushing the boundaries of advanced analytics in general and artificial intelligence in particular. You will champion these ideas by showcasing their potential through prototypes and by conveying their business value
Interested? In this position, you'll put to work the following education, experience and skills:
* Hands-on experience developing data science workflows (forecasting, recommendation, prediction, testing, outlier detection, sensor analytics, NLP). Experience with deep learning is a plus.
* Both theoretical and hands-on knowledge of advanced data science modeling techniques such as GLMs, GAMs, tree-based models, survival models, boosting & bagging, time series models (ARIMA, exponential smoothing), neural networks, probabilistic graphical models, dimensionality reduction.
* Experience working with data science toolsets such as python, Flask, R, Shiny, Jupyter Hub, Spark, Scala, Neo4j, H2O, Tensor Flow, high performance databases, GPU computing, REST, Azure, Docker, GIT, Linux.
* Love to craft elegantly simple solutions to complex problems. An iterative and test-driven mindset
* High energy to champion your ideas and thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and startup-like environment; you are creative, perpetually curious and passionate about how different pieces fit together into a coherent
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a fluent command of English
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Scientist, Linux, Senior Scientist, Technology, Engineering, Science