Project Manager Transmission & Distribution - Energy
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001786 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services..
Tractebel's Energy Entity seeks for a :
Project Manager Transmission & Distribution
The "Energy" Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
* Power, Heat and Desalination
* Gas: energy generation and pipelines
* Wind, on-shore and offshore
* Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
* Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations..
The "Transmission & Distribution" Electrical Competence Centre is in charge of the following tasks related to Transmission & Distribution and electrical activities for the other product lines (e.g. power plants, renewables, gas…).
Feasibility and Basic Design.
* Electrical System Studies.
* Detailed Electrical Design.
* Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
* Electrical Design Review.
* Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
* Audit of electrical installations.
These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owners engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution. The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
As Project Manager you must be able to endorse the responsibilities of a complete project in the Transmission & Distribution field. These projects are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owner's engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution
* You are responsible of the contract realisation in all aspects: client relation, contract performances (financial, schedule, technical), security, environmental and legal constraints, ethics and compliance matters, etc…
* Establish in collaboration with the Electricity Competence Center the project team; define the tasks, the schedule and define the team functional responsibility.
* Set up the client relation follow up including variation orders and potential claims.
* Define the project concept and/or basic design in collaboration with the various experts.
* Manage the contractual programme respect, the quality of the contractual deliverables.
* Responsible for the financial results: financial status follow-up in collaboration with the Cost Controller, invoices and payments, bank guarantees, ...
* Establish the contractual relations with Partners and Sub-Contractors.
* Reporting of potential contract risks.
* Communication about the contract.
* Assistance to the prospecting and tendering.
* Tenders preparation in collaboration with the experts and the Sales Manager. Development of innovative approaches for answering clients' needs in T&D.
* Taking responsibility of the technical description, the methodology, the realisation cost and the risk analysis in the tender preparation.
* You are an electrical or electro-mechanical engineer with at least 10 years' experience in project management.
* You have already proven experience in the high voltage business.
* A first experience in T&D is an asset.
* You have proven experience in consultancy services and/or EPC contracts projects.
* You are attracted by technical and management responsibilities.
* You are able to follow meetings in English, Dutch and French.
* You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work.
* You are able to animate and motivate a team.
* You are mobile for short missions abroad.
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Aug 6, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.