Project Manager Thermal Processes
Belgium, Flanders , Flemish Brabant
R & D / Laboratories
LAB00000257 Requisition #
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialised services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Within the Centralized Generation Department, the Thermal Lab works on CCGT, conventional, and biomass power plants as well as thermal industrial boilers, developing global solutions and managing projects for customers worldwide. For our activities in coal, biomass and waste plants, and thermal processes, we are looking for a Project Manager, with relevant operational expertise, who is prepared to become immersed in a range of diverse disciplines, producing creative solutions and taking the lead in developing and implementing technical solutions for Laborelec customers worldwide in fuel selection and handling, boiler combustion and flue gas treatment.
The successful applicant will:
* ensure the execution of combustion activities for coal/biomass power plants and industrial boilers, both in Europe and beyond (especially Asia and Latin America), including boiler retrofit projects, O&M optimization and combustion tuning;
* take the initiative developing new products and service related to thermal power plant process optimization and the whole Rankine value chain (from fuel specifications to emissions monitoring);
* be active in the business development and sales process of these activities, in collaboration with Key Account Managers;
* develop and maintain a strong technical network within their field of expertise;
* manage sustainable collaborations with partners and subcontractors;
* have strong non-technical skills, such as a solid project management and customer centric approach, with commercial or business development experience an advantage.
Are you passionate about technology, are thinking about a career as an expert and project manager, and do you have this profile?
* You have a Master's degree in chemical, mechanical or electromechanical engineering;
* You have 5+ years' experience in industrial combustion processes within the power industry or other industrial sectors;
* You have experience in thermal process operation, and technical expertise in solid fuel handling (coal, biomass, waste), solid fuel combustion in different types of boilers, or flue gas treatment;
* You have experience in onsite measurement or tuning campaigns, including interaction with technical teams, plant operators and plant management;
* You are equipped and willing to adopt a project management and coordination role within the Thermal team;
* You are able to create and maintain networking with research centres, OEMs and thirds, creating win-win collaborations;
* You are able to identify promising technologies to meet the needs of potential clients, and to come up with a development strategy in collaboration with colleagues as well as develop team product ideas;
* You have good communication skills, with the confidence to convince;
* You are at ease in detailed technical discussion onsite, as well as in high level meetings;
* You are able to adopt a global vision, and identify synergies between competence areas;
* You are a team player, open to working with different technical teams within Laborelec, for instance with chemistry, materials or I&C experts;
* You are fluent in English + French and/or Dutch, or are eager to learn fast;
* You are ready to travel regularly (Europe and beyond) for missions of 1 to 2 weeks' duration.
* Experience in industrial project development and management, including technical specifications, supplier negotiations and commissioning is an advantage;
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate to apply!
ENGIE Laborelec offers you:
* An exciting career in a leading research and competence centre, with prospects within ENGIE, the international energy player of which Laborelec is a part
* A competitive salary supplemented by numerous benefits
* A healthy work/life balance
Your HR contact:
Damien Colmant - email@example.com - 02 3820704
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.