New Medicines Integrated Insights Lead Rare Disease
Date: Jul 6, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, BE
New Medicines Integrated Insights Lead
Full line: Head of New Medicines Insights
NATURE & SCOPE
Lead insights initiatives on global level in the area of New Medicines. This role will integrate the insights developed through Market Research and Competitive Intelligence channels.
Full line: Head of New Medicines Insights
* Develops integrated insights in partnership with other members of New Medicines insights team and documents these insights.
* Effectively manages resources to provide management with actionable information and insight regarding customers (patients, physicians and caregivers) and the global market and business environment including the competitive set. The competitive intelligence elements include on-going deliverables as well as leveraging deep dive methodologies such as war-gaming, scenario planning and conference intelligence gathering.
* Develops innovative solutions from complex problems, provides actionable recommendations, and facilitates delivery and execution of workshops, market research plans, and competitive intelligence programs.
* Drives strategic decision making in line with corporate objectives.
* Monitors the external environment to gain deep expertise in insight, research, and competitive intelligence techniques and bring those forward within the organization.
* Create and embed frameworks that can be utilized throughout the global organization to improve our understanding of customers and competition that will drive us toward more optimal patient solutions.
* Provides holistic insight-driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders via portfolio-level and key brand primary marketing research, trend watching, and competitive intelligence.
* Executes primary and secondary research to clarify issues and reduce risk in decision making for marketed, new, and molecules in development in international markets primarily within the area of New Medicines.
* Develops with their team integrated insights that incorporate an understanding of primary & secondary market research, competitive intelligence, trend watching, and environmental understanding.
* Oversees the delivery of objective, independent, and value driven insights gained from both primary and secondary research designed to enable fact based decision making.
* Identifies key areas of integration with the non-brand focused activities, and keenly understands how synergies can be built.
* Seeks out, assesses, and recommends innovative insights methodologies, information sources, and vendors.
* Provides team with rare disease expertise - helps guide team to appropriate methods, solutions and thinking for rare diseases.
Master's Degree Preferred but not required
* Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics, or related field) required. Master's degree preferred.
* REQUIRED: 5 years' experience working in the area of Rare Disease (low incidence/prevalence).
* Minimum of 5 years of global Competitive Intelligence and/or Market Research, or related experience in pharmaceuticals or consumer products. Additional experience in innovation, marketing, new product development, and communications a plus.
* Strong synthesizing skills
* Strong verbal and written reporting capabilities, including strong presentation skills and fluency with MS Powerpoint.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including influencing without direct authority, in a highly collaborative matrix environment where flexibility and change management skills are needed.
* Strong skills to partner and communicate with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
* Comfort in a matrix environment
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Comfort working with stakeholders from multiple countries and geographic regions
* Genuine interest in understanding the competitive environment and anticipating the next move of our competition - both traditional and non-traditional.
* Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to translate vague information needs into specific questions relating to expected use of results are required.
* Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritizing and organizational skills are required.
* Expert knowledge / understanding of competitive intelligence and statistical techniques as well as project and research design.
* Some overnight travel, including internationally, required.
7. MAJOR CONTACTS
Members of Global Insights Practice
Members of Marketing & Patient Access Practice
Members of Immunology & Neurology PVU
Job Segment: Neurology, Immunology, Product Development, Market Research, Healthcare, Research, Marketing