Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1805666921W
"Caring for the world … one person at a time" inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
* Improving our Scientific Excellence
* Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employees
* Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
Within Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development, Drug Product Development (DPD) is globally responsible for the development of pharmaceutical dosage forms with development centres in Europe, US and Asia. The Material Sciences department of DPD is responsible for selection, qualification and life cycle management of excipients.
The Material Sciences team applies the knowledge of the excipient arena and physical chemistry to drive the development of innovating medicines. We study the physicochemical properties and interactions which impact drug delivery, product quality and manufacturability. Our mission is to establish structure-functionality relationships for excipients to ensure a robust supply chain for liquid, solid and semisolid dosage forms, and guaranteeing the quality of life of our patients.
The main responsibilities of the material scientist include:
* Design of experiments for testing excipient functionality, processability, compatibility and stability
* Guide pharmaceutical development teams on the selection of appropriate grades of excipients based on chemical and physical compatibility, processability and functional performance
* Qualification of the selected excipients based on the defined critical material properties, material robustness evaluation and regulatory compliance
* Development of the control strategy (specifications, methods) in collaboration with excipient suppliers based on material criticality, robustness and risk assessment
* Support investigations and life cycle activities related to excipients
* Embed structure-activity relationships, characterization methods, process improvements and innovations in work instructions
* Translate knowledge across multiple, unrelated development programs to advance projects
* Project management: development plans, project budget, protocols and reports
* Global expert networking
* Screening and introduction of innovation opportunities
* You are an experienced Master or you have a PhD degree in any of the following or closely-related fields: Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Soft Matter Physics, Material Sciences or Biosciences
* You have at least two years of practical experience in the development and characterization of materials and formulations.
* You are experienced in multivariate and/or mechanistic modelling
* You are well organized, result-driven and like working in project teams
* You have good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written; Dutch is an asset
Representative Office of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (7557)