Health IT Innovation Lead
Date: May 7, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Help us transform patients' lives by enabling translational research with IT.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
We are looking for a smart, talented and ambitious Innovation lead to strengthen the Health IT team based in our Global HQ.
The healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors were already data intensive and the global trend of digitization combined with major advancements in life sciences research is bringing even more opportunities for innovation. At UCB we believe that solving complex research problems with data and technology will fundamentally change the way healthcare systems deliver value.
As the Health IT Innovation lead with a focus on Translational Medicines, you will leverage the latest in information technology to provide UCB's research organizations the solutions and capabilities they need to succeed in their translational research projects.
You are not bound by a specific domain but feel eager to explore the translational medicines, genetics and wider -omics space, as well as clinical and real world data settings. You enjoy solving complex data puzzles and making the incomprehensible manageable while navigating an everchanging technology landscape.
Your main responsibilities
In this role, you will take ownership of several of initiatives, focusing on understanding the impact the technology will have on UCB, its patients and its partners and then delivering it. Your transversal view will have you co-creating with many different teams from all over the company. You will be thrilled to:
* Analyze, comprehend and compare technological options and express the impact and value they represent for patients
* Drive forward selected initiatives, delivering innovative information technology in a variety of domains, bringing your project management, communication and influencing skills, together with your "can-do" attitude
* Define new IT based opportunities based on your insight into trends and changes in the broader tech and research ecosystems, experimenting with new data tools, evaluating prototypes and leading proof-of-concepts to get firsthand experience with promising technologies in the field
* Propose an extensive data engineering technology capability that allows us to scale the utilization of health data within the whole of UCB by building on the existing ETL frameworks
* Inspire and influence decisions makers by clarifying the impact technology can have for UCB, its partners and its patients.
To take on this challenge, you fit the following profile
* You have a master's degree in bio-engineering or life sciences (eg. bio-chemistry) and have a solid first experience in either consulting, the pharmaceutical sector or the healthcare sector
* You understand the world of research and laboratories
* You can hold your own in a fast evolving technology landscape and are self-sufficient with linux, cloud, vm's, databases and open-source packages
* You can break down complex problems and structure arguments, options and solutions
* You are a great communicator and story teller, able to work with and influence people with different personalities, expertise and backgrounds
* You are an agile problem solver that likes to challenge and to be challenged
* You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment, can switch between abstract and concrete solutions and can propose actionable next steps
* You have proven experience in managing multiple projects and setting priorities
* You are relentless in Quality, you build trust and confidence
* You are fluent in English
Why you should apply
By taking on this new opportunity at UCB, you will be joining a dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will bring real value to the company and to patients living with severe diseases. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Job Segment: Genetics, Medical, Engineer, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology