Head of Manufacturing Operational excellence & PMO
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Manufacturing and Excellence Transformation, based in our department in Braine L'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of Manufacturing Operational excellence & PMO.
Is your analytical adeptness second only to your strategic capacities? At UCB, we know you as a 'stratelytical' person. This specific blend of talent means you are a deep-thinking planner devoted to improving patients' lives.
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Head of Manufacturing Operational excellence & PMO you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Facilitate Global Manufacturing Network overall strategic planning and translation to portfolio using the Hoshin-Kanri approach in line with the departments vision, mission and strategy
* Own and deploy across the Manufacturing Network a living portfolio management process with the support your Op.Ex. & PMO leads in order to steer strategy execution
* Build state-of-the-art businesses enabling the overall organisation to reach its goals
* Develop continuous improvement culture across M&E using a structured approach with the support of your Op.Ex. &PMO leads
* Lead Manufacturing performance measurement and definition of the criteria to be applied.
* Embrace digital transformation supporting acceleration of Operational Excellence journey
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Head of Manufacturing Operational excellence & PMO you will contribute by:
* Facilitating the definition of strategies in terms of Manufacturing and Engineering and associated translation M&E (Manufacturing & Engineering) portfolio * Participating to the definition of strategies in terms of Manufacturing Excellence and Transformation and associated MT&E portfolio;
* Aligning the OE& PMO network's mission and vision to ME&T (Manufacturing Excellence and Transformation) and defining and putting in place the related strategies, initiatives and projects trough team objectives
* Developing a matrix organization to embed/deploy OE& PMO across M&E;
*Sponsor projects and initiatives to develop the OE&PMO organisation
* Developing the platform to share and align best practices at it relates to Operational Excellence an Project Program management
* Managing the project/program portfolio of M&E and ME&T in line with the approved investments and resources and run prioritization sessions when required
* Leading M&E and ME&T performance measurement, definition of the criteria to be applied & contribute to their attainments
* Defining and communicating the general objectives of OE &PMO accordance with the company's objectives and formally assess the results with the adequate KPI (Key Performance Indicators) : safety, quality, delivery to our patients, social and environment
* Defining, communicating, putting in place and maintaining the organization which allows reaching these goals
* Ensuring the continuous improvement culture is deployed across M&E using a process approach with a well-established matrix organisation
* Establishing the project and program management system across M&E, including resource planning and prioritization
* Organizing and implementing training programs supporting the OE & PMO management Safety and Environment
* Sharing and communicating the HSE objectives for the safety prevention and environment protection annual internally to the OE & PMO network. Formally assess the results obtained based on the adequate KPI
* Developing the teams' capacity, responsibility and competency
* Detecting and developing talents
* Communicating and making live the company's values within OE &PMO
* Guaranteeing that the objectives are reached with an adequate team spirit
* Identifying and put in place an internal communication process within the OE&PMO organization.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master Degree with confirmed experience in a manufacturing plant
* Master Black Belt Lean & Six Sigma certified, Project, program and portfolio management with a confirmed practice
* Expertise in quality systems ISO 9001, CGxP, Production Systems and Operational Excellence deployment approach (eg. : Shingo model)
* Expert in change management and cultural change management
* Able to build and work in matrix organisation to deploy Operational excellence, project/program and portfolio management, this means you will:
- Have an excellent understanding of internal and external manufacturing plant and good knowledge on interactions between all functions
- Develop a global concept of Operational Excellence and to create a continual culture of improvement into the Global Manufacturing network
- Support definition and translation of vision, mission and strategy of the corporation and of the site into projects and actions (top-down)
- Identify and implement opportunity of improvement in line with the vision, mission and strategy
- Maintain and develop the PMO system on a global level and deploy across the M&E network
- Coordinate, energize and communicate on continual improvements internally and externally
- Simplify processes, to reduce variability and to eliminate wastes to produce more value-added activities
* Able to sponsor, manage and coordinate cross functional teams during transversal projects by:
- Energizing and motivating management, colleagues and teams to contribute to the continual improvement
- Coaching the OE&PMO leaders during their respective deployments
- Contributing to the analysis of the recurrent problems and to the problem-solving process
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English (French is a plus)
* Able to work on a stress environment and sense of priorities
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Strategic Planning, Lean Six Sigma, Technology, Engineering, Quality, Strategy, Management