Head of Clinical Supplies Set-Up Mgt
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Head of Clinical Supplies Set-Up Management Clinical Trial Supply
Location: Braine-L'Alleud, Belgium
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Clinical Trial Supplies Team, based in our Global Supply Chain Department in Braine-L'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of Clinical Supplies Set-Up Management.
Do you prize yourself on being strategic and driven? We have a special way to describe you as a unique 'strategiven' person at UCB. This extraordinary blend of talent means you are formidable at combining energy with reason to optimize patient comfort.
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Head of Clinical Supplies Set-Up Management you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Clinical Supply Setup Manager (CSSM) team,
* Ensure timely, effective and efficient clinical trial supplies management at study level
* Be located at the HQ for the Global Supply Chain Department
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Head of Clinical Supplies Set-Up Management you will contribute by:
* Managing department to ensure efficient and effective supply chain design and setup for clinical trial supplies.
* Building and maintaining a professional well-functioning team by providing leadership, guidance and direction.
* Establishing effective collaborations within CTS (Clinical Trial Supplies), with key stakeholders and relevant contacts in Global Clinical Development Operations and Global Medical Affairs.
* Guiding by general policies and management guidance, independently determining approach to managing daily operations within (sub)-department budget.
* Achieving results through coaching and directing professional team members. Being responsible for staff development, ensuring team members receive the appropriate and timely training, allocating resources and is responsible for organizational efficacy.
* Contributing to clinical supply chain strategy, midterm implementation plan and departmental objectives. Translating these into actionable sub departmental and individual objectives. Tracking progress of team members on projects and objectives, providing feedback, preparing and performing individual performance reviews.
* Owning clinical supply chain network design and setting-up strategy definition and implementation in partnership with the extended CTS Lead Team and key stakeholders (GCSO, SPI partners, GMA, EPM, CPD's, TSO, QA, RA) including educating and influencing stakeholders as needed to ensure optimal incorporation of CTS input into decisions impacting the IMP supply.
* Defining guidelines and direction for setup of supply chains for new studies, major protocol changes and new capabilities, tight the first time, on-time and cost efficient, including packaging and sourcing network, distribution network, packaging and labelling design, supply system step-up and supply strategy.
* Monitoring the operational and tactical CTS Project Management performance, using appropriate key performance indicators. Providing guidance and technical advice, being actively involved when required.
* Translating and integrating policies and regulatory guidance into effective processes and procedures. Seeking and leading continuous improvement, developing and communicating process and documentation improvement initiatives.
* Representing CTS in Global Supply Chain or corporate projects when requested.
* Developing and maintaining all master data governance, procedures and processes for the setup of the studies.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Bachelor or Master degree and at least 5 years' experience in a GMP environment, preferably in pharmaceutical industry, with an understanding of demand, supply & logistics principles, clinical development and project management processes
* Minimum 5 year experience in project management
* First exposure to people management would be a strong asset
* Experience in working in a matrixial and international environment
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Logistics, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Operations