Apply now »
Location: Charleroi, WHT, Belgium
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 34 500 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been part of the Belgian railway history for about 130 years.
Today, from Charleroi (BE), the company is active through two centers of excellence:
* Signalling Systems - Center of excellence ERTMS (European signaling standard)
* Power Electronics - Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Deliver the definition of hardware design and corresponding definition of components, by ensuring detailed design and implementation of these components (assembly boards).
The Hardware Designer reports to the Hardware Métier Leader.
Key Network & Links
* Hardware Architects
* Quality officer
* Safety Officer
Specific responsibilities of the role:
Contribute to the elaboration of Hardware (Hw) specification & architecture, in collaboration with the Hw architect:
* Perform the detailed design of boards
* Perform the electrical schematics
* Perform placement and routing PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
* Perform the Bill of Materials
* Perform definition files for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and mounted board
* Ensure that the design can be manufactured
* Ensure that the design can be tested
* Ensure that the design is compliant with quality and safety rules
* Put the Hardware work product under configuration in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools
* Remain informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch
* Through his / her activities, contribute to TIS standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions
* Apply processes and standard Alstom rules
* Contribute to continuous improvement (Return on Experience, process …)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor or engineering degree in Electrical or Electronics.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
* 3 years of experience in engineering and product development;
* Development of product hardware specifications and if possible boards routing
* Experience in railroad/transit signalling market (preferable).
Technical skills & competencies:
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Strong concept of Hardware design concepts
* Excellent organizational skills
* Eagerness (and ability) to learn
* English written and oral skills
* Knowledge of Mentor Expedition is a plus
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Job Type: Graduate Job
Job Segment: Product Development, Project Manager, PLM, Research, Technology, Management
Apply now »