GEB-Junior project engineer Ports & Waterways
Belgium, East-Flanders , Gent
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001480 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €65 billion in 2017. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel is looking for a
Junior Project Engineer Ports & Waterways
Ghent & Ostend
"Ports and Waterways" is one of the product lines of Tractebel, specialized in port engineering and waterway infrastructure, with projects all over the world. The available technical competence within our team covers the complete range of marine infrastructure: quay walls, locks, jetties, dikes, off shore wind foundations, bridges, tunnels, flood protections, master planning, port expansion, etc. Our team develops projects from feasibility, over conceptual and detailed design through owner's engineering, in close collaboration with our national and international clients.
Tractebel has a very long track record regarding design and construction of ports and waterways, as for example the conceptual design and technical assistance of the third set of locks of the Panama canal, detailed design of the caisson wall of the Piraeus container terminal in Greece, design of 2^nd jetty of the Fluxys LNG terminal in the Port of Zeebruges in Belgium, master plan to improve sea access to the port of Zeebruges, design and assistance during construction of the stabilisation of the existing quay wall of the river Scheldt in the city of Antwerp, detailed design of a rolling bascule bridge in the port of Antwerp, conceptual design of foundations of many offshore wind farms in Belgium and abroad, etc.
To tackle the exciting challenges that lie ahead, we will strengthen our team in Ghent and Ostend and are looking for dynamic and motivated people with a desire to grow.
* You carry out design work and keep up with new techniques and developments in your discipline;
* You follow up the drafting work with the CAD designers;
* You assist the project leader with his management duties;
* You communicate with other project/discipline members;
* You are reporting to the project leader and your team manager;
* You develop your technical skills (SCIA Engineer, DSheet Piling, Ansys, Plaxis, …).
* You recently graduated or are about to graduate as a Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a Major in 'Dredging and Off-Shore Engineering' or 'Construction Design';
* You have specific interest in structural design and soil-structure interaction of offshore substructures or other waterbound infrastructure;
* You are a team player;
* You are dynamic, precise and creative;
* You have proficient knowledge of standard computer programs including spreadsheats and word processing;
* Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer, Plaxis, GeoStudio and/or ANSYS (ASAS) is an asset;
* You are mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term);
* You have a good command of at least two of the following languages, with excellent writing skills: Dutch - English - French;
* You have an international driving license / driving license "B".
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.