COE Purchasing Manager
Date: Jul 19, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, BE
*Purchasing COE Manager*
Global Purchasing - COE - Permanent Contract
Are you ready to join a highly engaged and motivated team and create difference and impact for UCB and its patients?
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN UCB GLOBAL PURCHASING
At Global Purchasing we have embarked into a transformational journey aimed to leverage our function to generate incremental value for UCB. Our purpose is to systematically connect the needs of our business stakeholders to innovative solution coming from the market and the suppliers.
Our team is primarily helping our purchasing colleagues to focus on the upstream activities like business partnering with internal stakeholder, market analysis, demand management, negotiation, contract management and supplier relationship management but we recently took the overall process accountability and are willing to make the right steps towards providing a unique user-experience.
We passionately believe that we can deliver impactful results by building solid relationship with our stakeholders and suppliers, by growing and nurturing our market knowledge, and by developing our analytical skills and competences.
Alongside a solid backbone of traditional purchasing process, tools and methodologies, we have already implemented innovative solution and we are constantly looking at opportunities to automate, outsource or simplify tasks and routine to let you dedicate and focus on what create new results and impact for UCB.
Next to our terms of employment and benefits, we genuinely believe in the personal development and our team and invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas.
You are curious, motivated and willing to work on several projects helping us to double our impact by 2020 but still in doubts of joining?
A day in your (working) life
You will be joining the Purchasing Center Of Excellence Team as a COE Manager, and managing projects focusing on what we call the "Purchasing Value Offering" (Sourcing, Contract management, Compliance & Risk management, Spend Visibility and Purchasing Analytics, User-experience improvement, supply market intelligence, Supplier Enabled Innovation).
Depending on the project you will be working independently or as a part of a team and ensure their successful deployment across the organization.
To be successful in your role you will need to build solid relationship and trust with your colleagues within the COE or in the various categories and your business stakeholders. Key Successful factor in your position will be your ability of influencing stakeholders, creating alignment around a shared vision and in mobilizing cross-functional teams to deliver sustainable results. You have experience with the new technologies like artificial intelligence. Blockchain, robotics, SRM, BPO and similar acronyms & jargon are not frightening you.
As a part of your responsibilities you will design our UCB purchasing tools and process. Project Management, execution ability, holistic approach are also key ingredients to your job at UCB Purchasing.
Depending on your expertise area and the needs of our internal stakeholder, we expect you to
* Manage end-to-end projects;
* Identify, design and implement solution for projects in the area of:
+ supplier risk
+ management of our third party partners
+ performance management
+ working capital optimization
+ NPS (net promoter score) monitoring
+ enhance compliance and adherence to process
+ competency framework development
+ bring our chatbot to the next level
Area that play to your strengths
* 3 to 7 years of experience in managing projects in procurement environments or similar relevant experience for the role
* Ability to work in a matrix environment, convince stakeholders and get consensus and adoption of Purchasing's vision, this role would not have direct reports but would need to collaborate extensively with colleagues in various departments
* Enthusiasm in sharing expertise and experience with other within your own discipline
* Willingness to work autonomously and in teams… playing different roles
* Flexibility in operating within established procedures and practices. Yes, we do have rules and process to follow. But promise, this won't make it less interesting and definitely, never boring!
* Business Analytics and data story telling: combine data visualization with narrative techniques to deliver insights in a way that engages decision makers in a compelling and easily embraced form. Be honest on this! We may select you anyhow!
* Reliability: ability to deliver sustainable results over a long period of time
* Agility: learn from past mistakes, adapt to new conditions, focus where impact can be achieved
* Accountability: see it, own it and solve it mindset. Willingness to go the extra mile.
* Feedback culture: ability to receive and convey feedback
* Working together: strong team player, adding value in a cross functional team
* Thinking holistically: connecting internally and externally
* Proven ability to influence stakeholders
* Can do and positive mindset (Yes we can!)
* Delivering impactful results: persevering, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, combined with a strong sense of responsibility, ethics and flexibility. Ability to handle multiple priorities within established timeframe
* Still we expect you to provide solution to complex or infrequently occurring problems by doing proper investigation and data gathering.
* Great communication skills - Ability to build and maintain effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
* Presents and discuss results and projects in your area of responsibility. And yes, often is to senior management or…above!
* Market Intelligence: ability to leverage market information to drive change and more impactful results
* Execution: ability to meet deadline and work well under pressure, ideally with a good dose of humor… especially for those moments. Project management and coordination skills is often required due to the complex nature and scope of many of our projects and initiatives.
* Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into concrete projects and bring them to execution. We'd love you to suggest improvements to any existing process within and outside of purchasing
* Fluent English (you would join a pretty international purchasing team)…
Job Segment: Risk Management, Relationship Manager, Purchasing, Manager, Procurement, Finance, Customer Service, Management, Operations