Associate Scientist for Biologicals
Date: Jun 26, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Associate Scientist for Biologicals
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Biotech Sciences team, based in our hub in Braine, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Associate scientist for Biologicals.
Are you scientific by nature and known for your inspiring ways?
At UCB, we like to think of you as a 'scieninspiring' person. This extraordinary mix of talent means you excel at blending a learned approach with fresh ideas to improve patients' lives.
As a UCB 'scieninspiring' person and Associate scientist for Biologicals you like to work in an environment where you can:
Be an operational and analytical support to the Biologics Pilot Plant, with special focus on, but not limited to, analytical support to the In-Process Control team as well as supporting the implementation of system improvements (equipment, ways of working) and process related documents (SOPs, sampling plans, batch records, check-lists, et.al.).
As a UCB 'scieninspiring' person and Associate scientist for Biologicals you will contribute by:
* Routinely supporting the analytical testing of IPCs, to ensure a timely monitoring of the GMP and non-GMP process as well as various GMP and non-GMP process samples for understanding of the manufacturing process and relevant product quality attributes - This may include direct work in the lab * Leading new equipment selection and qualification and implement new technologies
* Contributing to improvements in compliance and ways of working
* Training process operators in performing simple in process analytical procedures on the production floor
* Managing deviations, investigations and CAPAs
* Acting as a backup to the IPC manager
* Troubleshooting and solving analytical issues on the techniques run in the laboratory
* Preparing and reviewing documentation (procedures, protocols, reports, sampling plans, batch records)
* Being involved in the transfer/co-covalidation of analytical methods from other laboratories
* Demonstrating ability to analyse data, with good attention to detail
* Recording and double-check analytical data
* Openly exchanging results, observations, and possible improvements
* Presenting/discussing results in project team meetings
* Following the procedures in place as well as the HSE rules in the laboratory
* Working according to the agreed timelines
* Highlighting any atypical result or out of specification results according to the established procedures
* Ensuring the maintenance and qualification of some analytical equipment
* Contributing to the logistics in the lab (reagent ordering, etc)
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Preferred: master degree in biochemistry or in analytical chemistry (or equivalent)
* Proven expertise (at least 2-3 years) as a scientist in a similar role in the biotech industry and in a GMP environment
* Ability to communicate effectively with good French and English skills, as the post holder will be liaising with colleagues from international UCB sites (Braine, Slough) * Ability to multi-task, organize and communicate large amounts of data
* Technical knowledge of protein structure and function, and the analytical techniques required to study them - Experience in the operation of, and the analysis with the following analytical equipment: ELISA, electrophoresis, qPCR, microscopy, HPLC, spectrophotometer, pH-meter, conductivity-meter, osmometer
* Ability to author comprehensive summary
* Strong laboratory and project management skills
* Demonstrate ability to analyze data, with good attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills to communicate and maintain good working relationships
* Ability to work under pressure in a team environment under deadlines
* Ability to work in a global matrix and service-oriented environment
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Biotech, Scientist, Science, Engineering