Research Scientist Bioanalytical Method Development
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist Bioanalytical Method development
Location: Braine l'Alleud
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The role is focussed at regulatory bioanalysis across UCB's biologics portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience independently developing complex bioanalytical methods used to determine Pharmacokinetics, immunogenicity and biomarkers to a standard amenable to drug development
* Experience in interpreting bioanalytical strategies, designing and implementing methods form method development through assay validation and sample analysis
* Proven track record in trouble shooting immunoanalytical methods
* Experience using a range of analytical techniques and platforms such as MSD, Gyros, Quanterix, …
* Capable of developing analytical methods that are amenable to automated workflows
* A proven track record of working within regulatory bionanalysis and knowledge of relevant guidance documents as well as GLP/GCP experience is required. The successful candidate will be a major contributor to the method development activities within the regulated bioanalysis laboratory. He/she will also provide technical and regulatory leadership and coaching for bioanalytical staff.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Bioanalytical Scientist (at least 5 years) with a proven track record in ligand binding assay method development preferably in a regulated environment.
* Proven track record of developing Ligand Binding Assays to appropriate quality standards (minimum 5 years of pharma/life sciences experience)
* Preferably knowledgeable in PK, ADA and biomarker assay development, knowledge of cell based assays (NAB) is a plus
* Capable of working independently to design assay development plans , review and interpret results using a variety of platforms (MSD, Quanterix, Gyros,…)
* Experienced scientist capable to working in a dynamic team who is open to learning from others while sharing knowledge and expertise in a coaching role
* Experience in use of automated liquid handling platforms
Regulatory landscape coverage
* Good working knowledge of bioanalytical guidance documents (EMA, FDA, ICH,…)
* Knowledge of GLP/GCP principles as applicable to bioanalysis will be considered a plus
* Experience using Watson LIMS or equivalent LIMS system
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Graphpad/JMP experience is plus
* Experience in using ELN systems is considered a plus
* Proficient in English ( spoken and written)
* French will be considered a plus
* Very good communication skills
* Attention to detail and quality of work
* Ability to function in a complex fast changing environment
* Able to influence/coach others inside and outside the direct environment
* Team player
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Scientific, Research Scientist, Scientist, Law, Engineering, Science, Research, Legal