Head Late Stage Projects and Strategy
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with chronic diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. UCB operates in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.2 billion in 2016.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a new Head, Late Stage Projects and Strategy within our small molecules Pharmaceutical Sciences Department.
To strengthen our Pharmaceutical Sciences Department, we are looking to fill the position of a Head, Late Stage Projects and Strategy.
About the Role
Lead Braine l'Alleud based team (5-8 direct reports) with global responsibility for late stage Chemical Process Research and Development (CPRD) and life cycle initiatives including lab development (internal & external), pilot production, and Tech Transfer to / validation at production sites.
* Ensure successful & thorough development of safe, robust, environmentally considerate and cost effective processes for supply of API for clinical trials and safety studies and to support drug product development.
* Ensure successful production of API clinical supplies as well as Technology Transfer of API processes to and Validation of API processes at manufacturing sites.
* Drive excellence in late stage development through definition and application of appropriate work flows and techniques.
* Pursue protection of intellectual property according to UCB approach.
* Manage late stage group and guide long-term personal development of team members.
* Maintain full awareness of multiple late stage development projects simultaneously and ensure projects remain on track (time and financial).
* Contribute to development of network of consultants & partners to support project activities, to introduce new/enabling technologies, to improve development approaches, etc.
* As part of the CPRD management team, actively contribute to the generation and execution of Chem. Process R&D and Small Molecule CMC long term strategies.
* Lead and/or participate in other initiatives within CMC development community (e.g. Knowledge Management, Quality By Design, New technologies, etc.)
* PhD in Chemistry or equivalent
* Around 8+ years post graduate experience in small molecule process development in Pharmaceutical sector, with track record of developing safe, robust, cost effective chemical processes for small molecule APIs as well as transferring processes to and validating processes at manufacturing sites.
* Understanding of innovator pharma development process.
* Fluent in regulatory requirements applicable to pharma industry as well as full awareness of trends in the industry.
* Prior experience leading & managing internal teams as well as appraisal and development of personnel.
* Experience in working with CROs, CDMOs and other partners for execution of activities.
* Prior experience in evaluating and applying new technologies into laboratory and/or manufacturing environments would be beneficial.
* Some proficiency in French language would be advantageous.
At UCB, growth and profitability constitute a guarantee for stability. You will always have the time and the backing needed to turn your ideas into reality. You can plan your future.
We are building the next generation biopharma leader and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference and deliver results
At UCB human talent is the greatest asset of our organization - we continue to strengthen our talent pool, our organization and, our ability to deliver.
You can find out more about the organization at the company's web site: www.ucb.com.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Product Development, Law, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Research, Legal, Strategy, Science