Head of Global IT Finance & Purchasing
Date: May 7, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Within the global UCB IT organization, the IT Finance and Procurement group is looking for a unique individual to lead the IT Finance and Procurement team.
Our Finance and Procurement function has been on the forefront in implementing innovative digital solutions like Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, RPA and chatbots to transform their function. This strong innovative mindset, in combination with a stable backend system, creates the environment in which the power of data can really be leveraged.
As our Head of IT for Finance and Procurement, you build trust by partnering with our stakeholders to define the technology strategy, identify innovative improvements and contribute in building a common project roadmap. Based on the agreed roadmap, you ensure the successful implementation of the initiatives in your domain. You lead and coach your team to maximize the impact of our IT investments and prepare them for the future in terms of skills and capabilities. You keep an open mind and explore new technologies and bring these insights back to your area of responsibility.
Your main responsibilities
As the Head of IT for Finance and Procurement, you will:
* Own the IT landscape and partner with your stakeholders: you are responsible for the whole IT Finance and Procurement landscape globally. The landscape covers wide variety of processes and IT applications from transactional system like SAP ERP, to advanced analytics, AI and RPA solutions that drive the digital transformation. In this role, you connect and interact with all your stakeholders to understand and identify new opportunities and possibilities for innovation. You discuss with management on strategic directions and build and maintain the IT landscape strategy. Based on the agreed roadmap, you actively manage the IT portfolio and related budget.
* Ensure operational excellence by deliver Projects & Support: As the head of IT Finance and Procurement you are accountable for the successful delivery of key projects in your domain and you take ownership to deliver on time, budget and with the required quality. These projects cover a wide functional scope. With over 20 projects annually implemented, ranging from digital transformation project like AI and RPA to compliance projects linked to the transactional ERP system. Next to the project delivery, you ensure the right run support model is in place. To deliver all this, you closely collaborate with all parties involved; Finance and IT, internal and external partners.
* Team development and coaching: You make sure you have the right expertise and talent onboarded to deliver and maintain this wide variety of solutions. You lead and coach your team and ensure your team had the right capabilities and develop their skillset. Next to the internal team, you actively manage the sourcing of external expertise to deliver the right service to your stakeholders. You manage a diverse team, including on- and offshore team members.
* Drive Innovation: You actively follow market trends and industry best practices with the aim of sharing the acquired knowledge inside UCB and applying it to propose innovative solutions.
* Ensure trust and compliance: Ensure compliance of the solutions to global process and legal requirements, follow validation guidelines and standard operating procedures.
You see yourself immediately when reading…
* Experience as a manager in an internal context
* Proven track record with complex Program and Project management
* You possess Financial and Procurement functional knowledge and have worked in this area before
* Holistically thinking profile and ability to define strategy and clearly articulate this to your stakeholders
* Strong team leading and coaching skills
* Startup mindset and entrepreneurial spirit to drive innovation
* Influencing diverse stakeholders with strong social and communication skills
* You possess an analytical and technical mind-set
* Experience with IT financial systems. The main technologies under your responsibility include SAP (ECC, SRM, VIM, BW, Ariba, Fieldglass), Cognos TM1, Controller & BI, Qlik, R, RPA (Automation Anywhere)
* Fluent in English is a must, other languages are a plus.
Why you should apply
Do you want to contribute in bringing real value to patients living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join one of the most dynamic & forward looking IT organizations in the world.
Job Segment: Financial, ERP, Purchasing, SAP, Procurement, Finance, Technology, Operations