Sub System Manager
Apply now »
Location: Charleroi, WHT, Belgium
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Achieve QCD commitments for contract order or development, per project requirements or according to platform requirements.
The Sub System Manager (SSM) reports to the Traction Operations Director.
* Put in place the detailed planning from Notice to Proceed to end of Warranty, in accordance with tender and site strategy;
* Ensures internal communication and communication to the customer or other sites;
* Organize the project and build the project team;
* Define deliverables; communicate their goals to internal stakeholders and the participating units. Gain their commitment. Allocate budgets;
* Ensure completion schedule while ensuring compliance with the quality objectives (technical) and cost. Communicate status reports. Follow the internal suppliers, ensures configuration management;
* Realize regular action plans;
* Ensure effective coordination between domestic stakeholders as well as the project area, the participating units and critical suppliers;
* Analyse the quote, control of the budget, establishing financial reports (FP, MPR, SPR);
* Identified and manage of the risks and opportunities;
* Manage the contract and endorsements;
* Insure the monitoring of the contractual warranty;
* Ensure configuration management.
COMPETENCIES - EXPECTED LEVEL
Desired knowledge / Experience:
* Higher academic background in engineering with cross functional capability
* Project management (planning, organisation, delegation, follow up)
* Risk management (identification, management)
Language skills: Good French and English oral & written expression. Other languages are an asset.
Behavioral skills & competencies:
* Rigorous, autonomy, pro-activity and Team leader
* Enthusiasm and ability to motivate
* Respect of the requirements
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Segment: Risk Management, Manager, Project Manager, Finance, Management, Technology
Apply now »