Project Safety Assurance Manager
Apply now »
Location: Charleroi, WHT, Belgium
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 34 500 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been part of Belgian railway history for 130 years through its connection with the former rail transport equipment subsidiary of SA Ateliers de Constructions Électriques de Charleroi (ACEC). Today, Alstom Belgium employs 1050 people and is involved in approximately 100 major projects worldwide.
The site in Charleroi has developed unique expertise in electrical and electronic systems within two centres of excellence that operate at a global level: one focuses on traction systems and the other on signalling and railway traffic control systems, with a particular emphasis on equipment that complies with the European standard (European Rail Traffic Management System/ ERTMS). The teams develop systems, manufacture prototypes, perform tests and trials, complete approval procedures and manage integration projects. An after sales service activity completes the offer for these product groups. Alstom Belgium pursues an ambitious growth strategy by actively investing in R&D. The work carried out by its team of 100 research engineers makes a significant contribution to the development of a sustainable rail transport system.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Support/ensure "Safety Validation" for Signalling Projects or products developed in Charleroi (per CENELEC Standard) by providing Safety Assessment (analysis of design solutions and or changes) and Safety analysis until the Safety Case.
* To provide safety assessments of new or modified design
* To provide RAMS analysis support and Safety cases for project: FMEA, FTA, Hazard log update, Safety Case….
* Detailed objectives will be set in agreement with the Project Managers and SSAM of Charleroi.
* Safety assessment of new or modified systems designs
* Apply methods of safety assurance to be used on the project (Functional analysis, FMEA, FTA, HZL,…)
* comply with Quality Cost Delivery requirements when being Project Safety Manager
Success will be determined by a variety of measurements including:
* Adequacy of the safety assessment detailed during the different safety review
* Adaptation to project and RAMS team context, methods and way of working
* On time delivery of Safety Assessments
* Assessment completed on time and at budget with no Safety and RAM issues
* Completeness and acceptance of the RAMS assessments during the external or internal audits
* Quality of working relationships with Project/Product/Engineering team and site Safety Office
Qualifications & Skills:
* Positive personality ;
* Rigorous and reliable ;
* Promote Teamwork and communication ;
* Capability to work under pressure.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
* Experienced in Safety is required ;
* Strong knowledge of English is mandatory;
* Successful RAMS methodologies application
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Job Type: Experienced
Job Segment: Manager, Project Manager, Management, Research, Technology
Apply now »