Project Manager (7483, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
* Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
* Guide the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
* Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
* Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
* Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
* Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
* Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that the development team understands the business needs.
* Seek for simplification, process rationalization, harmonization of business processes in the Relex family and whenever possible within a corporate dimension
* Identify mechanisms and solutions for the integration of different existing applications within OPSYS
* Liaise and coordinate with other Solution Managers, Solution providers, Program manager to ensure efficiency gains
* Participate to the coordination of the different teams engaged in the design, testing and development of the solution
* Participate and support programme planning, requirements analysis, User Acceptance testing and demo.
* Support the supervision of the quality, timing and increment delivery of the final product
* Communicate on a daily basis with the Program Manager and the other Pfroject Managers.
* Manage and ensure quality of the reference data
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills:
* Knowledge of Agile Development principle.
* Knowledge of Safe Programme increments planning.
* Knowledge of business process analysis and modelling.
* Able to draft vision documents and business cases.
* Knowledge of data quality monitoring and control and data cleansing actions.
* Capability to ensure the role of Solution Manager and Product owner whenever required.
* Able to organise, animate and participate in user representatives committees and tracks/programme meetings
* Very good knowledge of BPMN, UML, ARIS
* Good knowledge of Confluence and Jira
* Experience in definition of Logical Data Model
* In depth knowledge of large organizations administrative business processes.
* Good knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and of EU corporate systems
* Strong capacity in preparing and writing reports.
* Strong capacity to give high-level presentations.
* Ability to apply high quality standards.
* Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
* Excellent organisational and communication skills.
* Capability to work, draft, and chair or participate to meetings in English.
* Ability to participate in meetings in French.
* Knowledge of existing systems used in the RELEX family is an asset.
* Knowledge of the RELEX family Business and of the Project Cycle Management is an asset.
Education and Experience
* Minimum 13 years of experience after the Master
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/5647
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 16 October, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 11 October, 2019