Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Affairs Operations (MAO) Business Operations Lead, located in Titusville (New Jersey) or Beerse (Belgium).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We work tirelessly to ensure access to those medicines.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, including pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Medical Affairs Operations (MAO), part of Janssen Global Clinical Development Operations (GCDO), is responsible for the operational strategy and delivery of the Medical Affairs portfolio across all regions (Global, Regional and support to local studies) and therapeutic areas within Janssen, and this in close collaboration with the GCDO Operations Heads. The MAO Business Operations Lead (BOL) will report to the Head of MAO and be a core member of the MAO Leadership Team. In this role, this person will manage and coordinate central business operations activities across all functions within MAO and partner closely with multiple stake holders including the GCDO Operation Heads, all GCDO functions, the BOLs for GCDO, Portolio Development Operationss (PDO), Global Clinical Operations (GCO), and Integrated Data Analytics and Reporting (IDAR). The role will also partner closely with the Sr. Director of GCSO Operations working for the Medical Affairs function and with other Operations
functions within Medical Affairs. The MAO BOL will work in close collaboration with the Head of MAO and the GCDO Operations Heads to drive strategic operational accountability to advance portfolio deliverables.
Principal Responsibilities (Note: additional duties may be assigned as needed):
- Initiatives leadership, coordination and tracking
- Drive key strategic initiatives, to optimize the collaboration within and beyond MAO, including externally with our vendor partners, to align with key business priorities and annual goals and objectives.
- Track and oversee all MAO initiatives to ensure aligment with the overall MAO strategy.
- Define the framework for cross-functional end-to-end improvement initiatives
- Develop the framework for the role to operate powerfully as MAO Business Operations Lead in the areas of general business management to deliver one MAO strategy across our functions and with our Medical Affairs Partners.
- Manage and coordinate centralized business operations activities and drive operational excellence in the following areas: Operational and Strategic support, Portfolio management support, Business Intelligence, Resource and Vendor management support, Compliance management and Financial management.
- Manage and track head count supply and demand for MAO functions.
- Drive the yearly functional budget process (FBP) for MAO and maintain proper departmental forecasting for yearly budget needs in collaboration with the goals of GCDO;
- Drive the strategy for efficiency initiatives and oversee the efficiencies projects that are established within MAO and track / report performance to delivery
- Ensure the timely follow-up and tracking of action items from MAO agendas. (Note that the development, coordination and management of agendas for MAO-wide Team meetings and MAO Leadership team meetings is done by the Head MAO supported by the administrative associate).
- Support Talent Development and On-boarding
- In partnership with the MAO Operations Heads, develop and coordinate a Talent Development strategy for high performing individuals, a framework for when development opportunities are needed
- Develop and implement an on-boarding process for the MAO organization, building from existing materials and programs
- Drive the MAO ideas collection and review process from idea generation to idea selection (MAO Idea box).
- MAO Primary point of contact (related to non-function specific requests) for partner functions such as EBIS, IDAR, CIE, Procurement, Finance, HR, SBI, Capacity Management, BRQC and Medical Affairs teams with responsibilitities for -- Operational Planning & Strategy (at above program level). Serve as Intake point for GCDO level requests and/or projects.
-A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (University/college degree) in a scientific discipline or general management; and advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) is an advantage
-A minimum of 8 years of clinical study operations or project management and/or functional management in the pharmaceutical research field
-Deep understanding of global clinical development processes and procedures
-Experience in managing internal stakeholders at the senior level, in working in cross-functional global virtual teams and in managing large projects
-Ability to provide inspiring, inclusive and strategic leadership
-Excellent communication and influencing skills (listening and inquiry). The candidate must demonstrate an ability to establish strong and enduring relationships in a global matrix environment as well as the innate flexibility to work in a rapidly growing and changing organization.
-Sound financial acumen
-Effective leadership skills and proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness, in a changing environment
Primary Location: Either
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville or
Other Locations involved:
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan/ Titusville.
Pennsylvalia-Spring House, Horsham.
Sites across Europe.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Clinical Trial Administration