The Advanced Planning and Innovation (API) Lead is responsible to develop and deploy strategies regarding Advanced Planning and Innovation within the Plan function, driving operational efficiencies. He / she has a broad, in-depth understanding of latest technology trends and developments and is able to translate that into actionable initiatives driving bottom-line impact.
The API lead maps existing capabilities / processes, identifies automation opportunities and determines future anticipated needs and turns that into a prioritized roadmap to establish benchmark planning processes. This includes strong alignment with key business stakeholders as well as flawless implementation of transformational projects through full stakeholder engagement and business readiness.
In this role the API Lead creates a clear vision, strategy and roadmap based on external benchmarking, Enterprise standards, and market trends, in alignment with key business needs and stakeholders. He / She establishes a standardized set of meaningful and actionable KPI's (including financial KPI's) that allow tracking of success and capability advancement as well as a standard 'toolbox'. This will ensure increased effectiveness and efficiency of the plan processes as well as cross-process alignment in line with the MD blueprints.
Finally, the API Lead drives adoption of new technologies and capabilities, as well as initiate transformational projects when needed.
Strategy Development - Program management:
* Determine the future technology / capability roadmap and assess opportunities to drive operational efficiencies using 'new' technologies (fe define standard 'toolbox') within plan.
* Define, align, and execute / govern strategies and roadmaps for advanced planning tools and innovative technologies.
* Establish Governance for new capability development, initiatives and strategies for Medical Devices Supply Chain Plan.
* Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal relation skills, to lead, influence and coach across multiple geographies and cultures.
* Connect & influence supply chain & project stakeholders to drive the advancement of planning capabilities and processes through new technologies and innovations in the End to End Supply Chain and Plan business processes.
* Drive business adoption of new technologies, advanced processes, and capabilities.
* Provide leadership and governance on the identification, development, implementation, and base business operation of API capabilities within MD.
* Assess & address future opportunities to drive efficiencies within the planning organization.
* Maintain a network of outside partners and experts in the area of Digital technologies.
* Partner with EPeX & Digital organization on strategic projects in the API area.
* Build a global coalition around the topic of API. Identify opportunities for leveraging of skills and resources. Maintain linkage and alignment to J&J Enterprise and industry best practice.
* Drive transformational and RPA automation projects, resulting in bottom-line impact.
* Develop business case and be accountable to realize benefits as projected.
* Balance a hands-on approach with the ability to work through others to deliver rapid, high quality results.
* Drive change in business processes through partnership with cross-functional supply chain teams.
* Ensure robust governance and process execution.
* Sustainability and enhancements of current platforms, tools and processes. Ensure reliability of automation processes built. Own RPA platforms.
* Collaborate closely with the Training group to effectively drive knowledge about new technologies, new tools, and new capabilities into the Plan functions.
* Bachelor's Degree required with preference in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, AI or equivalent/Advanced degree/MBA preferred.
* PMP, FPX SME, Lean / 6S Black Belt or equivalent certifications required.
* APICS certification (CPIM, CFPIM or CIRM) preferred.
* Other certifications in areas of expertise desirable.
* Minimum Eight (8) years of relevant experience required.
* Minimum Three (3) years of people management & development required.
* Experience managing and working with a multi-regional and multi-functional team in a global, highly matrix environment is required.
* Project and Program management experience required.
* In-depth experience with digital platforms / advanced technologies (Alteryx, E2Open, R, Machine learning, AI, RPA,…) and advanced planning platforms is required.
* Experience with Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools, training and/or certification is required.
* Professional experience in Plan with an outstanding understanding of E2E processes.
* Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer Products industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
* Strategic thinking - ability to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that realizes functional and company goals.
* Excellent ability to influence at all levels within the Supply Chain organization.
* Ability to forge strong partnerships across functions.
* Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and methodologies.
* Excellent communication skills (incl. to senior leadership) with the ability to adjust to the audience (business vs. technical, professionals vs. leadership) is required.
* Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of best practices and benchmarks.
* Maintains a network of outside partners and experts in the area of Digital technologies. Stays abreast with upcoming technologies.
* Working knowledge of financial processes.
* Ability to effectively manage projects, multiple priorities and timelines.
* Pro-active, can do attitude. Self-starter with the ability to forge collaboration across all levels within the enterprise.
* Ability to coach and develop accountable, diverse and global talent.
* High level of personal initiative, ability to function autonomously.
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Access.
* Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency - ability to drive to tight timelines.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Solothurn-Zuchwil
European Logistics Center (8785)