IT Director Solution Architecture
IT DIRECTOR SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Functions: Info Technology
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905758873W
Janssen EMEA Commercial IT is recruiting for an IT Director, Solution Infrastructure Architect. This position will be based in Beerse, Belgium.
The IT Director Solution Architecture is a seasoned IT leader that will guide and support a team of highly skilled Solution Architects. The team designs, develops, and communicates application architecture strategies and frameworks, tools and methodologies that will ensure max application integration and re-usability. This person is a thought leader in the use of new key technologies and builds a strong collaboration network with Enterprise architects and engineering departments anywhere in J&J.
This person will be responsible for making the right decisions when defining and designing new solutions in the respective Janssen EMEA Product Lines. This person also ensures alignment with J&J standards, Janssen Enterprise Architecture and Global Product Lines on capabilities, roadmaps and priorities.
* Solid understanding of the Janssen Commercial business and its processes
* In depth technical knowledge of the Janssen Commercial platforms
* An overall perspective on the Application hosting models that best fit Janssen Commercial (Saas, Paas, Iaas, On Premise)
* A good foundation on architecture methodologies, architecture artifacts and processes
* Can navigate trade-offs and can manage complex situations
* A good planner, communicator and decision maker, always having the 'big picture' in mind
* An Innovation spirit, always striving to provide better IT services and improve Janssen Commercial efficiencies
* Contributing to make Janssen the best Pharma Company, with a focus on helping patients anywhere
* Ensure that business need (intent) is adequately understood and mapped to IT capabilities, standards, products (roadmaps)
* Ensure that the global IT strategy goals are incorporated into the Janssen EMEA IT portfolio planning, leveraging common capabilities where possible, and driving awareness with the (F)Enterprise Architecture ecosystem of emergent needs.
* Shape capabilities so they can be reused in various activities & processes
* Document the current IT capabilities within the Product Lines, defines the future state capabilities based on identified solution gaps, create the roadmaps to mitigate those gaps.
* Communicates technical information effectively to diverse audiences, including senior management and the BTL community.
* Monitors compliance with architectural standards, ensuring effective documentation and communication with relevant J&J staff.
* Perform impact analysis on existing framework and cost structures by implementing new technologies.
* Define and communicate the short and long term technology and capability roadmaps in the areas of their respective product lines
* Align with global product lines and architecture teams on the selection of new technologies for pilots or as candidates as global standards.
* Drive Application Rationalization & ALM oversight. Ensures Janssen EMEA maintains an up-to-date, compliant platform in their respective product lines and removes technology debt.
* Support Product Lines in the capacity of platform expert when troubleshooting of complex problems is required and suggest effective resolutions.
* Ensure adherences to enterprise tools and methodologies for projects, ensuring security and following compliance and company guidelines.
* Assesses emerging technologies and trends and their applicability to the Janssen EMEA Commercial organization, anticipating business needs, identifying conflicts between standardization and innovation, and considering costs and benefits.
* Run Proof of Concepts to verify important decisions prior to roll-out. Importance can be because of risk or cost or complexity.
* Support the Janssen EMEA demand (intake) process, such that solution design guidance is provided within accepted agreements.
* An advanced degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or similar is required.
* A minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience is required.
* Leadership experience in Information Technology within a large scale, global organization is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in managing large enterprise transformational projects and financial budgets is preferred.
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills needed for both technical and non-technical audiences is required.
* Ability to establish senior level relationships with business and IT leaders, as well as technology subject matter experts is required.
* Professional certifications are preferred.
* Fluent in English