Firmware Development Engineer - 1900144
The Barco LED team is seeking an experienced Electronic Design and Development Engineer to work on the next generation of our LED Image Processor. This person will be working out of the Kortrijk facilities where the LED team is based and will be working closely together with the US (Sacramento, CA) based team that is responsible for the high end image processing for Barco's LED display systems used in high profile environments such as control rooms, meeting rooms, entertainment markets,…
* You work together with the product owner of the team in analyzing and implementing all the image processing features in FPGA for the new processing platform
* You closely work together with your fellow developers and this in an agile/scrum way.
* You produce clear and concise documentation to support software applications
* You are responsible -together with a fellow team members- for the end to end testing of your developments.
We are looking for a colleague who:
* Has a bachelor or master's degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering
* Preferably a couple of years of working experience in digital / FPGA design. Motivated juniors with affinity with digital/FPGA design can apply as well!
* Has expertise in VHDL and/or Verilog
* Has the ability to work autonomously and manage assigned tasks
* Has excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Has the ability to work well with other team members on a small, global team but also work independently to solve practical problems.
* Willing to travel 1 to 2 times per year (f.e. to your US colleagues)