Senior Financial Analyst - R&D
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905764046W
Janssen Research & Development (JRD) discovers and develops creative medical solutions to address meaningful unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Within JRD, the Infectious Diseases Therapeutic Area (ID TA) seeks to be a groundbreaking medical innovator by discovering, developing and making available therapeutic medicines that address key unmet needs in the developed and the developing world. Within ID, our focus is on finding better treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B, RSV, Flu and other Infectious Diseases.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst based in Beerse (Belgium), reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager, R&D.
As a key member of the ID Finance team:
* You will provide finance leadership and support to key R&D business partners including Disease Area Stronghold R&D and Commercial Leaders.
* You will partner with Project Management Organization and Compound Development Teams to deliver financial results, analyze the value of project investments, drive prioritizations, and address business issues.
* You will manage financial updates for your portfolio, including Business Plan and Long Range Financial Plan, and will ensure the accuracy and compliance of forecasting and quarterly close cycles.
* You will analyse the R&D Out Of Pocket (OOPs) spend and Operating Expenses (OPEX) to assure sound investments while seeking out cost savings opportunities.
* You will lead portfolio valuations in close collaboration with the key R&D functions and partners such as Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Janssen Supply Chain, Regional commercial organization etc.
* You will support the evaluation of acquisition and licensing deals in partnership with Business Development and Innovation Center teams.
* Within the R&D Finance team, you will contribute to global projects focusing on standardization and efficiencies related to reporting and controlling.
We are looking for a highly motivated finance professional with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, able to work with business partners at all levels and who has the following qualifications:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in Accounting, Economics or Finance.
* A minimum of 3 years of finance, accounting or related business experience.
* A Master's/MBA degree, CPA, CMA or other financial certifications are preferred.
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required
* Experience with SAP is preferred.
* The ability to influence at all levels of the organization and the ability to work with ambiguity.
* The position may require domestic and international travel up to 10%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)