Director, Hematology Discovery
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 5066190917
Janssen R&D US is recruiting for a Director, Hematology Discovery located in Beerse, Belgium or Springhouse, PA. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Director, Hematology Discovery will join the department research efforts in the discovery and development of biologics, small molecule, and cell-based therapies for the treatment of hematological malignancies, specifically of lymphomas. S/he will be responsible for managing a team of PhD(s) and Research Associates, leading and overseeing several research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery towards the identification and development of clinical candidates. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a high level of autonomy, initiative and decision making. His/her responsibilities include delivering clinical candidates; demonstrating both depth and breadth in the scientific discipline of oncology drug discovery. The ideal candidate will drive innovation and have an impact on the scientific direction of the Department and in the Disease Areas we are strategically aligned with. The candidate will be expected to establish effective
collaborations both inside and outside the company and to demonstrate excellent communication and managerial skills.
* Initiate, manage and lead multiple discovery research programs that result in the identification and characterization of Clinical Candidates
* Contributes to defining scientific strategy for Hematological Malignancies Discovery
* Act as lead functional member of the project(s) with frequent interaction with senior internal and external stakeholders
* Demonstrate excellent managerial skills to enable his/her global team to deliver on their objectives and to develop their careers
* Provide input on hiring, promotions, resources and budget allocations within the department
* Directs the proper use and implementation for new technology to establish long-term research plans
* Identify novel scenarios and nascent scientific/technical opportunities in a specific scientific area
* Communicate overall strategy of the projects to others including senior leadership
* Ph.D. degree with a post-doctoral training and 12+years of drug discovery experience in the area of Oncology and preferable in the area of hematological malignancies.
* Solid background in cellular, molecular and/or immune tumor biology with a good understanding of the therapeutic landscape in Oncology
* Strong record of leading programs to the identification of Clinical Candidates
* Experience supporting and designing the strategy for the development of the clinical candidate.
* Strong track record of publications in the field.
* Broad scope of impact beyond individual projects such as: leading research platforms, disease strongholds, target classes, etc.
* Strong external network and being recognized by peers as an expert in the field
* Demonstrated competence for team leadership and/or people skills to manage a team with members in different continents.
* Detail-oriented as well as being able to see the big picture
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)