Cloud Developer - Analytics Platform (1800001O)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
The Deloitte Analytics Platform Team is a dynamic and highly skilled team responsible for the development and operations of Deloitte's Cloud Analytics Platform. The platform has existed for over 8 years and is constantly evolving and growing in both size and capabilities. Moreover, we deliver complete business solutions powered by our Analytics engines and Development Platform.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled Cloud Developer candidates with a clear background in Linux, scripting and integration, combined with a savvy mind for analytics and a team player attitude.
* You will be involved in Analytics Solution design, development & support delivery;
* Your focus will be on the development and evolutive maintenance of scripts and code on our Hadoop & Analytics platform (Python, Scala/Spark, PySpark, R, Shell, …) ;
* Other activities range from deployments and testing to translating business requirements into solid technical solutions;
* You're part of a fixed team of young and flexible Cloud, Analytics and Business experts;
* You participate in assessments of existing Data Warehouse, BI, Analytics and Big Data implementations and give advice on structural improvements in the areas of performance, usability, architecture, processes and organization.
* You take part in an alternating Standby role with direct communication to multiple customers.
* You obtained a degree as Industrial Engineer Information Technology or similar;
* You have one or more years of experience on developing Analytics scripts in a Big Data and/or standalone environment running on a Linux-based platform;
* You have a strong interest in Analytics Solutions and handling data;
* You have experience in the use of Continuous Integration processes (like git, unit testing, …);
* You understand business dynamics and are able to translate business performance management needs into specific performance indicators and the required technical solution.
* You have a passion for technology and want to excel in it.
* You can work very focused and you are a strong problem-solver
* You are a team player with strong communication skills.
* You have an intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding analytical skills.
* You are open to work in an international environment.
* You are fluent in English and Dutch or French. Additional languages are a plus
* A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
* An inspiring place to work with attention on a positive atmosphere and good team spirit;
* Opportunities for learning where needed;
* An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.