Application Security Champion
Date: Mar 22, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Within the global UCB IT organization, the Cyber Security department is responsible for driving, executing and improving the Cyber Security strategy.
We are looking for a unique individual to strengthen our team in the Application Security space.
As the Application Security Champion, you will adapt and lead the application security strategy for software developed by UCB as well as for the integration of external components and applications into various solutions.
This global position will directly work with the internal and external developers, key business stakeholders as well as other IT departments and report directly to the CISO.
The role is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Your main responsibilities
As the Application Security Champion, you will:
* Mature and lead the overall strategy when it comes to application security. This includes amongst others Threat Modelling, Secure Coding, Source Code reviews and Training.
* Manage activities like Application Security Scanning and Penetration Testing
* Own, prioritize and steer the remediation strategy for efficient risk mitigation
* Ensure the secure integration of external application components into UCB solutions
* Drive together with your colleagues the move from DevOps to DevSecOps to allow for a consistent and agile way for development, security and deployment.
You see yourself immediately when reading…
* University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree. We select on skills and capabilities, not on degree alone!
* Passionate about AppSec, the specific trends, threat landscape and evolutions in this space
* Minimum 5 years of experience in AppSec and experience in the integration with Agile development
* You have a risk based approach to application development and are capable of understanding and translating the outcome of assessments (penetration tests, application scans, code reviews…) into concrete risks and potential threats to the assets and affected data.
* Familiar with common frameworks like those from OWASP (e.g. MSTG, SAMM, Testing Guides, Top 10, …) or similar
* Experience with secure (coding) practices and standards in some languages like .NET Framework/Core, Xamarin, Python, SWIFT and eager close the gap when needed as well as to learn about specific languages like e.g. R/RShiny.
* Fluent command of English is a must, other languages are a plus.
Why you should apply
Do you want to contribute in bringing real value to patients living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join one of the most dynamic & forward looking IT organizations in the world.
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Application Developer, Developer, Security, Engineering, Technology