Computational ADME Scientist
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905762567W
Johnson & Johnson, founded in 1886, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets. Johnson & Johnson has more than 200 operating companies in 57 countries around the world employing 109,100 employees and selling products in more than 175 countries. The fundamental objective of Johnson & Johnson is to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson's pharmaceutical businesses operate under the Janssen name. Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, it is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. The research and development centre in Beerse, Belgium develops products for a wide range of disease areas.
This Computational ADME Scientist vacancy is a key scientific position within the Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department, a crucial discipline of Discovery Sciences within Janssen Pharmaceutica. The DMPK department within Janssen Research & Development is constantly strengthening its team and is currently looking for a Scientist with expertise in computational sciences. The successful candidate will join a team of talented and passionate scientists and will work in an inspiring environment where science, innovation and collaboration are key to our success. She/He will have the opportunity to be actively engaged in early discovery projects, while developing and expanding her/his career.
The computational ADME scientist within the DMPK department will take a leading role in developing and utilizing in silico approaches to support the design of small molecules with favorable ADME properties as defined by the target product profile. The individual in this role will be asked to:
* Engage with discovery projects teams and promote computational approaches to drive virtual chemistry and experimental prioritization in order to reduce time to reach high quality clinical candidates with high probability of clinical success.
* Guide project teams in designing rational, hypothesis-driven screenings experiments and enable the development of a multi-property optimization strategy.
* Conduct rigorous data analysis in support of discovery project teams to fully understand the relation and connectivity between in vitro, in vivo and in silico ADME data.
* Serve as a liaison to colleagues in Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology and Computational Toxicology for seamless and synergistic interactions as well as the development and successful application of in silico approaches across the discovery organizations.
* Demonstrate experience in extracting and analyzing complex data sets for building QSAR and machine learning/artificial intelligence models.
* Balance the development of innovative tools and promotion of computational approaches with the ad hoc nature for the need of problem solving within discovery project teams.
* To work collaboratively and cross-disciplinary to solve scientific problems.
* PhD level scientist with degree in computational sciences, cheminformatics or a related discipline.
* Familiar with Pharmaceutical Industry and hands-on experience in applying and building a QSAR/machine learning/artificial intelligence tool box.
* Experience in relevant scripting/programming tools (e.g. R, Python)
* In depth knowledge of the biological and physicochemical principles of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics and strong interest in biology and pharmacology.
* Demonstrate strong decision-making skills and the ability to influence without authority.
* High level of professional and personal flexibility, scientific curiosity, creativity and sense of responsibility and accountability.
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)