Actuarial Manager Non-life
Actuarial Manager Non-life (190000TM)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The commercial world is constantly changing. Our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Our team of specialists knows that risk are just opportunities in reverse. We're passionate about what we do because we know our role goes far beyond checking figures and financials. Using deep-dive analysis to provide actuarial insight, we help clients spot pitfalls before they become problems, weigh the pros and cons and connect the dots so they can make informed, intelligent and insightful decisions that help them to mitigate risks and maximize opportunities.
Work you'll do
* You'll contribute to business development in the domain of actuarial and insurance advisory, both nationally and internationally
* You'll design, implement, review and audit quantitative models for the calculation of insurance liabilities life and capital requirements
* You'll advise on balance sheet management issues, like stochastic reserving, economic capital, ALM, replicating portfolios
* You'll contribute to our growing number of assignments in the domain of Solvency II and IFRS
* You'll develop models for our internal use, to cross-check and challenge client valuations
* You'll perform actuarial analysis of processes, calculation models, methodologies and assumptions for both insurance companies and pension funds
* You'll participate in the career and performance development of the Deloitte practice by serving as a career counselor, training consultants and providing performance feedback
* You have at least 6 years of Life and/or Non-Life actuarial experience in insurance companies and/or consultancy firms. Consulting experience in this domain and/or knowledge of Life (Prophet, etc) and/or Non-Life tools (ReMetrica, ERMS, Igloo, etc.) is an asset.
* You have a master's degree in actuarial sciences, combined with strongly developed quantitative skills
* You have a good understanding of and a keen interest in the regulatory and accounting context within which insurance companies operate
* You have the ability to Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, you lead by example and establish confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* You are able to apply profitability management and sales fundamentals to support projects and pursuits
* Your open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible attitude makes you a great team player
* You are fluent in English, French and Dutch
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
* Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
* Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
* Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
* Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What's in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You'll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and continuous learning and coaching are part of the people culture. You'll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
: Risk Advisory
: Risk Advisory