Belgium, Flemish-Brabant, Linkebeek, Linkebeek
R & D / Laboratories
LAB00000329 Requisition #
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 Ds - decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SMEs, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
The Wind & Hydro Lab
The Wind & Hydro Lab offers a full range of R&D and technical assistance in the domain. The Lab's wind activities, both onshore and offshore, focus on reducing the overall costs of wind turbine farms while enhancing overall performance. Examples of ENGIE Laborelec wind services are wind resource measurement, yaw misalignment correction, and gearbox and blade inspections.
We are looking for a hands-on Wind Expert to work as part of the Wind Lab Team at our headquarters in Linkebeek, Belgium.
The team has two principal core activities as a preferred service provider for ENGIE entities and third parties:
* Applied research and innovative solutions
* Failure prevention and performance enhancement
These core activities are closely linked: experience providing services lead to work on relevant and pertinent research, while research to create innovative solutions feeds back into service provision.
As a Wind Expert, you will have the following main responsibilities:
* You lead and participate in the execution of wind R&D projects and Operational projects. The type of projects can range from desktop studies, pilot project realization, solution development, measurement campaigns and inspections.
* You establish collaborations with competent partners (internal and external ENGIE) to execute these projects
* You act as a coach for the experts involved and contribute technically to the execution of these projects
* You act as an integrator of different competence domains to contribute to the solution towards the clients
* You effectively communicate project progress, results and references to clients and stakeholders
* You initiate new projects and provide valuable input for the R&D roadmaps.
* You are willing to perform works in the wind turbine, both on - and offshore.
* You have a Master's degree in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering or a Master in Science with a specialization in Wind or Renewable Energy
* You have at least 5 years of experience and expertise with the Wind sector.
* You are internationally oriented and open to travel for international missions (few times a year, max. 2-3 weeks per mission)
* You have a proven experience in project management
* You are fluent in French, Dutch and English. Any other language is a plus.
* You are an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, able to interact with different levels within your client's organisations
* You have an analytic mind and the skills to synthetize and consolidate towards viable solutions
* You have very good knowledge of the technical components, design considerations, electrical system and integration aspects, performance and O&M tools and monitoring systems of wind turbine parks.
* You have experience in the initiation, follow-up and result consolidation of measurement campaigns on wind assets.
* You have knowledge of the different wind turbine and balance of plants components supplier landscape and technology trends in mechanical and electrical components.
* You have a good understanding of the wind as a resource.
* Having the GWO certificates is a plus.
ENGIE Laborelec offers you:
* A competitive remuneration package;
* A wide range of training and development opportunities;
* A healthy work-life balance
* An exciting career in a leading competence centre within the ENGIE group, the international energy player.
Your HR contact person: Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
* Posting Date: Aug 27, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.