IBM Watson - Senior Consultant in BRUSSELS, Belgium
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's leading and largest consulting organization. Our consultants bring together all of IBM's capabilities to provide end-to-end, transformative solutions with unmatched expertise. IBM Watson is ushering in the next phase of Cognitive Computing and in doing so is tackling some of humanity's most challenging problems like revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, changing how doctors view their patients, or transforming how businesses engage with their customers.
The GBS Watson Architect role is a GBS consulting position working closely with IBM clients to address their business problems with cognitive solutions using the IBM Watson platform. The GBS Watson Architect will:
* define the key business problems to be solved, formulating cognitive approaches to solve those problems
* design and development of large-scale, distributed systems
* Establish compelling points of view about how artificial intelligence can be used to transform customer engagement and/or various aspects of business operations within companies.
* lead and manage the technical team in the delivery of Watson implementations
Responsible for translating the client's business requirements to define the structures of solutions and architectures and can include systems, applications, and process components for very large, complex Watson solutions. The Architect understands client needs, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and technologies to address those needs. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify functional and non functional requirements and subsequently working with and leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client's solution. Responsible for a wide range of design activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. Position requires significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures and will include directing the design efforts of less experienced technical team. Also, expected to have an extensive
understanding of industry and technology trends, as well as of IBM strategy, and to apply that understanding to articulate a strategic vision which influences or guides business area strategic directions.
The GBS Watson Senior Watson Architect/Consultant role is a GBS consulting position working closely with IBM clients to address their business problems with cognitive solutions using the IBM Watson platform. The Senior Watson Consultant will:
* Establish compelling points of view about how artificial intelligence can be used to transform customer engagement and/or various aspects of business operations within companies
* Collaborating with clients to help develop use case-specific assets and accelerators to drive combined analytics and cognitive solutions for clients
* Hands-on development of deliverables utilizing emerging cognitive computing implementation methodologies
* While prior experience implementing cognitive solutions is not required, having prior experience implementing analytics or artificial intelligence solutions that have impacted business processes is a significant plus as the primary objective of Watson Cognitive Solutions is to actually change the way business is done.
This is a consultant role, with focus on the application and adoption of business analytics and artificial intelligence in client settings, where both creating value out of structured and unstructured data is important. The candidate is expected to possess hands-on analytics expertise, client-facing consulting experience, and acumen for solving business problems using quantitative methods like statistical modeling, deep learning or visualization. The responsibilities include demonstration of thought leadership during consulting engagements as part of either pre-sales initiative or delivery project
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace-by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is a leader in this transformation and just the place to launch your career, or start a new one, in consulting.
If you are ready to change the world, join our team today.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Hands-on analytic skills, yet also a strategic thinker who can see the 'big picture' while handling the details.
* Experience in hands-on use of statistical packages and data mining tools (i.e. SPSS, SAS, R, Python or similar)
* API Design and development
* Big Data: Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce
* Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning functional requirements into a cognitive solution that address difficult business solutions
* Experience in solving clients' analytics or cognitive problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies
* Experience in leading teams
* Cloud development and architecture
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.