High Voltage Design Engineer
Transmission & Distribution
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel' s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
The "Energy" Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
* Power, Heat and Desalination
* Gas: energy generation and pipelines
* Wind, on-shore and offshore
* Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
* Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the "Energy" Business Line, the "Transmission & Distribution" Electrical Competence Centre is in charge of the following tasks related to Transmission & Distribution and electrical activities for the other product lines (e.g. power plants, renewables, gas…):
* Feasibility and Basic Design.
* Electrical System Studies.
* Detailed Electrical Design.
* Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
* Electrical Design Review.
* Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
* Audit of electrical installations.
These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owners engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution.
The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
* You realize the design and manage the various aspects related to studies of HV and MV substations and grid connections.
* You have a good knowledge for specific project needs with respect to:
+ HV, MV and LV system design (one line, overall and detailed functionalities).
+ Power Transformers, Auxiliary Transformers, Earthing Transformers and Reactors.
+ HV and MV Gas Insulated Switchgear.
+ Medium and Low Voltage switchboards.
+ Individual HV and MV substations components as there are: circuit breakers, switches, insulators, capacitors, surge arresters, voltage transformers and current transformers.
+ Substations auxiliary equipment: LV distributions switchboards, batteries, rectifiers, UPS-systems and diesel generators.
+ HV and MV cables.
+ Overhead Lines.
+ Design of earthing grid for substations.
+ Design of lightning protection systems.
+ Knowledge of lay-out concepts or at least willing to learn.
+ Knowledge on HVDC and FACTS are an advantage.
* You integrate different HV, MV and LV systems and equipment and guarantee the electrical, mechanical and civil interfaces.
* You write technical specifications, tender files, comparison reports, test- and commissioning documents.
* You analyse and realize the technico-commercial comparisons of tenders.
* You manage the technical and commercial follow-up of contracts.
* You realize Factory Acceptance Testing of HV, MV and LV equipment.
* You coordinate and supervise the on-site assembly of HV, MV and LV systems and equipment.
* You coordinate and supervise on-site testing (Site Acceptance Testing).
* You participate and/or supervise the commission of HV, MV and LV systems and equipment.
* You finalize contracts with all administrative issues required.
* You have a master of industrial engineering or a master of science in engineering (or equivalent by proven experience) with preference in Electrical Power Systems having at least 8 years' experience in the field of Transmission and Distribution systems.
* You have proficient knowledge of English, and French or Dutch as second language .Additional language knowledge is an advantage.
* You are highly motivated, eager to learn and broaden your knowledge with respect to the field of Transmission and Distribution in general and HV and MV systems and equipment in particular.
* You have an open mind towards other probable competence fields as there are: HV/MV system calculations, protection philosophy, protection systems and substation automation..
* You feel comfortable working independently, however with the ability to communicate efficiently;
* You are able to function in a team realizing the complete project together.
* Customer-satisfaction must be part of your day-to-day vision.
* You have a dynamic personality and a proactive and innovative approach to work.
* You have a systematic analytical approach.
* You have an acute sense of responsibility with respect to project financials, project planning and knowledge sharing with colleagues in general.
* You are flexible and open to missions abroad (short, medium or long-term).
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Nov 7, 2019