Voice Cell Senior Engineer (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Voice Cell Senior Engineer
- Coordinate and provide remote Level 2 and 3 support for the managed services, particularly network management, system maintenance and engineering support on related NGCS, AirC2 BMD, Deployable Communications and Information Systems (DCIS) components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and protocols;
- 1st level fault resolution for services/systems under responsibility and the work undertaken by Voice Services Cell staff as well as technicians located at remote sites within the service area;
- Coordinate and perform remote on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of services provisioned via managed services components of NGCS, AirC2 BMD, DCIS, both legacy (e.g. Integrated Services Digital Network-ISDN) and current (e.g. Internet Protocol/Voice over Internet Protocol - IP/VoIP);
- Coordinate, and engineer networking interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment;
- Conduct evaluation of incident reports and trend analysis of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks in line with IT service management (ITSM) best practices and by using available ITSM tools;
- Propose, prepare, coordinate, verify, and maintain services and systems documentation, to include operational advice notices, Level 1/2/3 documentation, system / equipment configuration templates, changes, and scripts accounting for interface standards and procedures as requested and upon each and every change, delivering as well enhancement suggestions and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP);
- Contribute to technical reviews to ensure implementation of projects comply with Technical Architecture (TA) for both static and deployable services, as well as to the delivery of Proof of Concept (POC) and System/Services Acceptance tests for new designs and solutions within area of expertise;
- Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to managed services provisioning and design for both NGCS and DCIS managed systems and services;
- Under coordination from VSM, collaborate with Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), across cells and Service Lines peer elements to ensure the entire services life cycle is covered, as well as managed services evolution;
- Liaise and collaborate both internally to NCI Agency and externally with services providers and vendors in support of services delivery and systems support; - When required, conducts on-site surveys, validations and system acceptance testing within the supporting services area;
- Maintain up-to-date own knowledge and competencies, both at technical and soft skills level, by continuously following technology and industry trends and best practices and supporting this with relevant industry recognized professional certification;
-Perform any other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
-A Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a technical subject with substantial Information and Communications Technology (ICT) content and 2 years post related experience.
-Or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a technical subject with substantial ICT content and 4 years post related experience.
-Or exceptionally, the lack of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post. It is essential that the incumbent has the following experience/education/certification:
-Minimum four (4) years' experience with and in-depth knowledge of VoIP Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)/Telco provider networks and Cisco routers and switches;
-Minimum four (4) years proven track of collaboration with vendors, resident engineering and operations staff to achieve system performance objectives by utilizing vendor's tool kits for collection of maintenance data, and ability to analyse them for both service improvement and troubleshooting purposes;
-Minimum four (4) years' experience with the configuration and operation element management, network monitoring and event management tools such as HP Network Automation, Intermapper, Cisco Prime, Kiwi Syslog, Splunk;
-Very good knowledge of ICT Systems Engineering and the associated aspects of design, operations, administrations and maintenance, to include networks, interfaces, applications and protocols covering modern voice systems based on IP;
-Practical experience in ICT systems and services delivery, to include but not limited to: high and low level designs, technical and functional solution evaluation, testing, implementation, transition, continuous services improvement, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) based delivery .
-One, or more, years' experience in on-line performance, accounting, fault, security and configuration management of smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including modem and cryptographic equipment
-Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) certification
-Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Collaboration or higher certification
It is desirable that the incumbent has the following experience/education:
Field experience and knowledge related to Session Border Controllers (SBC)
Knowledge and experience on CISCO Call Centre Express (UCCX);
Knowledge and experience on Microsoft Skype for Business (SfB);
Understanding of the contemporary Telecommunication technology including TDM, MPLS;
Professional experience in customer support, user incident handling, and of ITSM principles and practices by applying a standardized framework ;
ITILv3 Foundation training/certification;
Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/3177
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Mons, Belgium
Date posted 14 November, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address