Career Opportunities: Video System Engineer (47685)
Req Id 47685 - Posted 08/07/2018 - Liberty Global - Netherlands - Amsterdam - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Looking for talented people
Video System Engineer
As part of the Pan-European Video [TV] Support team within the Support organization, the engineer to provide advanced Operation/Maintenance support on the Video solutions such as Horizon, OTT, Recommendations, Remote Booking, Replay and CloudUI on a Pan-European level.
This position will be managing the application support for these Video technologies, doing vendor management and dealing with escalations from different LG affiliates.
Operation or Maintenance
* Provide Pan-European managed service support on the Video [TV] platform. This support is applicable for Online Video platform, 'Set top box' as well as all backend applications
* Deploying releases on the Over The Top Video platform on a Pan-European level.
* Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
* Troubleshoot and identify software bugs, perform root cause analysis on performance issues as needed.
* Work closely with the Tier1 on incidents in the affiliate and provide direct follow-up to Level 3 support and vendor if required.
* Provide feedback to Technology, IT or Product team concerning performance and capacity of the interactive platform in production.
* Work on improving monitoring solution and implement automation wherever needed.
* Application support on Linux and Solaris systems.
* Administering MySQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems
* Participate in review activities (project plans, requirement, design and test case) to assume joint responsibility with other team members on quality and schedule
* Define Operational requirements for monitoring and onboarding
Service Monitoring Development
* When not active on incident support, help to materially improve the service assurance by initiating and managing projects.
* Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
* Proposing new ideas for service assurance improvements
* Position is located in the Netherlands at Amsterdam [Schiphiol Rijk or Amsterdam Sloerdijk office]
* Position has strong international focus with a significant customer base at every European country to which LIBERTY GLOBAL provides services.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail.
* 3-5 years+ experience in Telecoms/ISP/TV and solid understanding and working knowledge of the OSI Model
* In-depth knowledge of Linux and cloud technologies [aws, kubernetes, docker etc], certification is plus
* Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organization having people with different cultural backgrounds
* Fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
* Knowledge of Apache Web Server Administration and Oracle database Administration [certification is plus]
* Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere.
* Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
* Solid awareness of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level (certification not required)
* Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems.
* Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, information technology or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge through work experience
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Confirm you are not a robot: