UX/UI Specialist (0835, L4)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for UX/UI Specialist with at least 11 years of relevant work experience.
PROVISIONAL DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
* Perform analysis of the user interface requirements and UI design specifications;
* Perform design of wireframes and mock-ups, leading to intuitive user experience and translation of business into system interface
* Perform design of user interfaces and visual prototypes
* Show an user-centred approach for evaluation of UIs and elaborate navigation mapping design
* Develop/Implement UI using Angular technology
* Assist the development tasks including bug-fixing
* Follow-up meetings with REGIO's team members (unit and sector architects, project manager, Business analysts, team leader and testers).
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
* Good knowledge of user interface ergonomics;
* Knowledge of design and graphical tools, UX design best practices;
* Good knowledge of application development environments;
* Ability to work with business analysts and to understand business vision on high and low level;
* Strong capacity in writing and presenting studies;
* Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus);
* Knowledge of Maven, Angular, RESTfull Web APIs, JBOSS Drools(Business rules);
* Knowledge of building SOA on top of component-based architecture;
* Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments;
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills; strong motivation, efficiency;
* Knowledge of European Commission regulation is an important asset.
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE REQUIRED
11 years of cumulated specific expertise, as follows:
* Very good knowledge of SQL (6+ years), especially Oracle RDBMS and tools;
* Good knowledge (2+ years) in Angular JS framework.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/1893
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 11 September, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address