TS&D Engineer PU
Milliken & Company is one of the world's largest privately held textile and chemical manufacturers. We are widely acknowledged as an international leader in research, technology, innovation and customer service. By combining science with design and insights, Milliken tackles the issues and concerns of today. In the polyurethane industry specifically, Milliken Chemical is well known for its colorants & specialty additives offering for flexible and rigid foams & CASE. For our Chemicals Division EMEA in Ghent, we are currently looking for a TS&D Engineer Polyurethane.
As a member of the technical team, reporting to the Global Industry Lead for Polyurethane, your role is to provide high quality technical service and development support to our key customers in the polyurethane industry. Your industry knowledge and product line expertise in formulations and applications allows you to qualify our customers’ needs and to solve issues in order to further grow and develop our colorants & additives in existing and new applications in the PU business. A close collaboration with our US based R&D center is critical. Building strong technical relationships with our customers and independent institutes is key to your success.
• You have a master degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent.
• You have more than 5 years’ experience in the polymer industry in a technical service or R&D role, specific experience in polyurethane business is strong plus.
• You have an analytical, technical & problem-solving mindset, thriving in a new business development climate
• You have a strong drive, sense of initiative and ownership, you act proactively
• You are in possession of strong communication & team skills
• You are willing to travel frequently abroad (40-50%), you adapt easily to changing situations
• You are very fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
• You are based in Belgium and can commit to working in our Ghent office on a regular basis (2 days a week on average) when not travelling.
• The opportunity to be part of an international company and to have the responsibility to own important projects
• Permanent education and training to stay up-to-date in your field of expertise
• Career opportunities in an innovative and international environment
• An attractive compensation package, including company car, health care, option to retirement plan etc…
• An attractive bonus plan based on performance
Are you enthusiastic to join our chemical division? We would like to hear from you! Apply online with your resume.