Exxon Mobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Our people are analytical, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system, regular training and long-term focus enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers or technical specialists.
Provide analysis of markets, trading performance, and risk/derivatives to the Trading Teams and Trading Management to enhance uplift from trading activities.
- Key trading commercial resource to drive opportunity identification and capture and risk mitigation/control
- Recommend trading opportunities via arbitrage analysis, tracking of specific commodity movements, import/exports, trade flow analysis, and blending opportunities
- Provide economic analysis for opportunity evaluation and capture learnings from missed opportunities.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative assessments of the market environment.
- Support derivatives trading and policy with analysis of new and existing usage of derivative instruments.
- Power-user of strategic tools that support trading activities: data systems, bespoke analytical tools, Reuters Eikon, SAP
- Contribute to special projects, strategy studies, and new market entries.
- Complete analysis and reporting for trading performance.
- Support annual plan development.
- Liaison between Headquarters and Global Trading Offices
- Support Trading Management on ad-hoc business issues
- Knowledge of global oil products markets and refining processes
- Solid demonstrable analytical experience working with refined products at an oil major, trading house or consulting
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis
- Ability to forecast and assess impact of business decisions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-national and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership paired with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to make recommendations based on analysis
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in effective two-way communication with internal and external customers (oral, written, presentation, listening).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong drive and motivation; strong continuous improvement mindset
- Solid proficiency in the use of computers. Use of database programs, Python, Matlab, C++ is an asset
- Able to work with diverse group of individuals; effectively manages external relationships
- Promotes productive impact across organizations; seeks value-added improvements in the supply chain