Trackside Signalling System Engineer
Apply now »
Location: Charleroi, WHT, Belgium
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 34 500 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Alstom develops standard solutions to address main signalling functions: train movements in safety, train speed control…
Equipments which support these solutions are implemented along the track, in control centres and in the trains.
The standard solutions could be adapted and must be customized to address specific requirements of our customers.
The role of the Signalling System Engineer is to specify and design the system and sub-systems for his/her project based on the Alstom standard solutions in accordance with the customer requirements.
For the projects he will be assigned to, the Signalling System Engineer contributes to:
* the analysis of the contractual customer requirements;
* the specification of system and sub-systems;
* the study of the system architecture and the choice of the solution based on the Alstom standard solutions;
* the design and detailed design activities such as the calculation of the implementation of the equipments along the track in function of the braking curve of the train, the design of the cubicle to place in the train;
* the writing of the conception documents (specification, architecture, interface specification, parameter preparation rules, detailed design documents) in accordance with Alstom engineering processes;
* the first integration and test of the solution.
He/She works in collaboration with Test and Safety teams: as the signalling systems are safety related specific safety analysis are performed and specific formal engineering processes must be followed.
He/She could be in interface with external stakeholders: customers, partners, suppliers.
Then he/she could manage the suppliers: specification, follow-up and test of the supplier work.
You have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems - Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics - Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
Examples of current / recent projects:
* First commercial service of high speed trains and line between Berlin and Munich
* Participation to Dubai new metro project for 2020 world universal expo
* Pilot project of Automatic Train Operation in Belgium and in the Netherlands
* Upgrade of the whole Danish train fleet with new signaling systems
* Upgrade of most of the Belgium train fleet with new signaling systems
* Manila upgrade and extension of current transportation system
EDUCATION : Engineering (BAC+4 or BAC+5) in Automatic & Electronic System.
* good autonomy,
* excellent communication and inter-relational skills,
* will to understant and learn more,
* synthetic turn of mind
* intercultural mind
* integration skills
* team player
* process and result oriented
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
* Experience, from 3 to 10 years, ideally railways or Aerospace/Defence system (from system specification and design up to Test & Commissioning and maintenance) with RAMS requirements.
* Interests in System Engineering/Design and in Railways area is an asset;
Languages : Good English oral & written expression. Other languages are assets.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Job Type: Experienced
Job Segment: Project Manager, Technology
Apply now »