Test Manager (for Banking / Insurance) (2018 - G84)
April 10, 2018
The Test Manager is responsible for all the testing activities within a project or program. He or she creates a master test plan and manages the test organisation on the basis of this. He/she provides technical direction, planning and management of assurance and testing activities on projects.
The Test Manager is the responsible for the day-to-day execution of a test project and as such is in charge of the detailed planning and day-to-day work management of the test team, internal and external testing consultancy and senior management support. He/she oversees and co-ordinates the end-to-end assurance and testing life cycle - particularly on large projects/programmes or services. The Test Manager evolves in either an agile or waterfall project environment.
The Test Manager advises and supports clients in the optimal organisation of the test set up, the test process and its strategy. The Test Manager possesses wide experience in testing and improvement processes and uses methods such as TPI (Test Process Improvement), TMM (Test Maturity Model) and TAF (Test Architecture Framework).
* takes ownership of the Test Planning and Test Management
+ creates a roadmap and acts as a visionary for the various projects keeping all the release schedules in mind
+ coordinates and manages the (high level) schedules of the test team
+ allocates and monitors work assignments
+ performs Risk Analysis and Risk Mitigation
+ responsible for effective team communication and reporting
+ resolves testing related issues.
* manages the Test Strategy
+ creates/reviews the test strategy
+ carries out detailed requirements analyses
+ identifies/reviews functional and non-functional testing requirements
* manages cost, time, quality, risk, scope and resources
+ maintains the high level effort estimation and reviews the detailed estimations
+ reviews and publishes test metrics
+ analyses metrics related to planning, execution and test summary
+ publishes intermediate and final test reports and project status reports
* maintains and nurtures the client relationship
+ provides test support to the project as a whole
+ initiates timely escalations
+ performs day-to-day client coordination and interaction
* prepares and maintains Test-ware (Test Cases, Test Data, Test Stubs/Harnesses) in an auditable way
+ ensures traceability between requirements and test cases;
+ plans tests
+ validates tests
+ identifies re-tests
* Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent through relevant experience
* 5+ years of experience in test management for large framework contracts;
* has demonstrated experience in working in a medium to large (government) enterprise using test methodologies (TMap Next, ISTQB) and providing high-quality service in a complex, medium to large IT Infrastructure Program environment based on incentivized SLAs/performance standards.
* TMap Next, ISTQB or an equivalent widely accepted Test Management methodology suitable for the client environment;
* Test Techniques.
* Quality Management including Quality Assurance & Quality Control;
* Test Management
+ expertise in full project and delivery lifecycles;
+ applies most appropriate methods to meet client needs.
* Defect Management;
* Test Process Improvement (for instance TMAP Next or ISTQB certified);
* Test Techniques
+ defines and analyses testing methods;
+ advises on best fit solutions and techniques.
* Expectation management
* Team player
* Stress resistant
* Commercial attitude
* Active listening and comprehension
* Customer orientation
* Qualitative result driven
* People manager in heart
* Empathic, with a natural interest in people and what makes them tick
* Able to keep the overall view and to dig easily into details when needed
Languages and mobility
* Permanent residency in Belgium
* Fluent in English
* Dutch and French with at least one of both on a mother tongue or bilingual level
* Geographic mobility - you are open to discuss assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
Capgemini is committed to helping you achieve your potential and offer you a competitive remuneration package. Together, we'll determine the career path that will take you as far as you want to go. At Capgemini, you have the opportunity to benefit from merit-based promotion, build your network, grow your knowledge and participate in and contribute to a global team that acts with passion, commitment and integrity. There are different kinds of opportunities available to you in our Outsourcing, Technology or Consulting discipline and the major industries we serve.
Play a role in the team. Use your insight and intellect to influence and lead. Capgemini offers you the freedom to be outstanding.
April 10, 2018
Master's degree or equivalent