Test Automation Specialist ? Engineering Department
Introduction to IBM and GBS
Few places offer as many opportunities as IBM to gain knowledge in your field of expertise, work in a stimulating environment, have access to the newest technologies and be rewarded for outstanding performance. Passionate about combining your technical knowledge with consulting? Work for an industry leader as part of IBM?s Global Business Services (GBS).
We seek a motivated and experienced Test Automation Specialist to play a key role in ensuring high quality IT service delivery and user experiences for our banking and insurance clients. We like to welcome you into our innovative Engineering Department full of IT specialists where you will help shape first-class solutions, and further grow your skills. Apply now and we will get in touch with you!
Who we are
"IBM GBS is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology, and mobile app development. With a global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries". Sounds good, isn't it?
But what is it really like
The team works in an Agile manner and uses physical and virtual collaboration tools: think of Slack, WebEx, Mural or whatever suits the project and team best. That's one of the benefits of working for IBM: newest technology at your fingertips!
The culture? Energetic, driven, high pace and working together on obtaining the best results for our clients. We put the best and the brightest people together and work on state-of-the-art projects and solutions. Our secret to success is our people and our culture. We enjoy maintaining legacy core platforms, building new features, evolving how we work and having lots of fun in the process.
The reason for this hire
Sometimes people leave, but more often: people get promoted or grow into another role within IBM. Since we are that big, you can literally think big. We work hard, take all opportunities to learn and grow and steward your career the way you want. Within IBM everything is possible.
Our new colleague
* You have a bachelor?s degree in computer science or equal through experience;
* You are a strong communicator, team player, driven professional, creative person and have an analytical mindset;
* You use a consultative approach: you listen to our client's needs, analyze what you have heard and are able to come with solutions that solve both old and new problems. Of course, together with your amazing team;
* You collaborate easily and possess the ability to integrate multiple partners for managing problems;
* Working on site, at clients across Belgium or at our offices in Brussels, is attractive to you;
* You are a native Dutch or native French speaker and can easily follow conversations in the other language. You are fluent in English.
What we offer: Experience extraordinary opportunities
Grow your career as Test Automation Specialist and enjoy a unique and rewarding professional experience. Learn the latest techniques together with enthusiastic colleagues and deliver the best solutions. You'll have a tailored education plan to accelerate your career path within IBM. You will benefit from continuous on-the-job learning and mentorship from some of the most talented people in the business. In addition, we will give you the opportunity to develop yourself with a broad portfolio of e-learnings on our YourLearning platform, and teacher-led training across Europe in various meaningful topics. We create an environment that allows you to do your best work ever. You own and tailor your career journey within our great organization.
You will work for top international and Belgian organizations across different industries in Belgium. We offer an attractive and competitive salary with benefits, such as a company car, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, pension plan, laptop, iPhone and 33 vacation days.
Do you want to become an innovative IBM'er and join the Engineering Department in Brussels? We are looking forward to your application!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
BRUXELLES-CAPITALE, REGION DE
Primary job category
(0016) International Business Machines of Belgium sprl/bvba
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As Test Automation Specialist you have professional and technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
* More than 5 years experience in testing and 3 years (minimum) in test automation;
* Very strong experience in automated testing for web application;
* Strong Java skills and some years of experiences in ALM and RIT;
* Good knowledge of test automation frameworks such as Keyword-driven, Data Driven and hybrid, etc.;
* Good understating of testing concepts such as test cases, test scripts, test data, test environments;
* Experience with SQL query writing;
* Good communication skills;
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Prepared to work under pressure and eager to learn new solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* Preferably working experience in an Agile/Scrum team;
* Experiences in using Selenium, Appium, Perfecto, UFT/QTP are a plus;
* Having domain experiences in banking sector is a plus.
Secondary Job Category
Be authorized to work in Belgium and travel across Europe with no need for a work permit.
Master English and local languages to be able to address local clients in their own language.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role