Temperature Control Logistics Specialist
Specialist of EMEA Temperature Control Logistics is supporting the EMEA Temp Control Team to promote & deploy the implementation of a One-Pfizer approach for temperature control logistics across the IO network.
This role is accountable for the daily regional management of forwarder follow up for logistics incidents, ad hoc queries, supporting continuous improvement projects, building & maintaining a good link between transport and quality members to ensure efficient cross team collaboration.
Further this role is part of the PLS committee which ensures clear shipping instructions are kept up to date for 3rd party and Pfizer shipments by attending the committee meetings and supporting on change control as required.
Finally this role is supporting in training and compliance programs throughout the region to ensure all functions impacting the delivery and handling of temperature sensitive products are fully trained.
1) Leads and supports investigations, inspections, audits.
2) Partners with the sites, markets, Logistics Delivery Operations, Logistics Platform Services, Customer service and logistics providers, to ensure that temperature sensitive products are shipped and handled in a compliant and efficient matter according to all regulations and Pfizer quality standards.
3) PLS Committee member - Ensure the shipping rules are clear and up to date & work with sites for continuous improvements.
4) Training - Support to ensure all relevant training materials are rolled out as required.
5) Supports Transport Qualification and the network by executing Performance Verification studies as needed.
6) Assist or lead projects designed improve or implement new packaging and solutions
7) Promotes the zero defects mind set for implementing continuous improvement processes.
* Min 5-7 years of Supply Chain experience within pharmaceutical industry or with a function servicing the pharma industry
* Preference of Temperature Control Logistics experience / background
* A solid understanding of GMP/GDP requirements as it relates to transporting and protecting temperature sensitive products with in the supply chain.
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written (English) with both technical and non-technical clients. Demonstrated collaborative, consultative, problem solving, prioritization and analytical skills.
Day-to-Day Management :
* Highly organized and ability to work with global teams of varying levels.
* Ability to analyze and breakdown complex data to meaningful information for non-technical end users
* Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities through complex data models
Technical skills :
* Strong excel and data management background
* Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel and good knowledge PowerPoint. Database experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of analytical applications preferred
Interpersonal skills :
* Ability to work in a matrixed organization
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to work with multi-cultural teams and collaborative environment
* Interacts with others in a transparent, honest and authentic fashion. Ensures stakeholders are confident of one's intentions as well as those of the organization.
* Understands and acknowledges the differing needs of stakeholders and works to achieve success in a mutually beneficial manner.
* Highly organized and ability to prioritize activities on a daily basis.
Communication skills :
* Ability to translate technical and operational issues into summary level updates.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
* Must be able to work in a global environment across multiple time zones
* Up to 5% travel
* Work effectively in an environment of competing priorities and deadlines
* Demonstrates Business Acumen - identifies opportunities to improve systems and processes; adopts a pragmatic approach to achieving defined objectives
* Acts Decisively - quickly and effectively grasps / balances competing needs and serves as initial reviewer to engage management for final decisions.
* Communicates Effectively - clearly conveys opportunities for improvement, ideas, and issues to management
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Belgium - Zaventem