Telespazio Belgium can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
Telespazio Belgium is looking for a Telecommunication Engineer to join the Projects, Technology and Innovation Department for a challenging opportunity in the field of Telecommunication Signal processing, RF security and SDR in the context of European space projects.
Belgium (Transinne) or the Netherlands (Noordwijk)
The candidate will be working on the design and development of solutions for digital signal processing targeting (but not limiting to) satellite signal treatment.
More in general, the postholder shall:
- Design DSP solutions taking into account signal performances, hardware and software platforms limitations and latency needs.
- Take full responsibility of requirements generation, justification, change management, and verification.
- Perform analysis
- Simulate the algorithm to demonstrate the suitability of the solutions using standard languages like Python or Matlab.
- Support the selection and procurement of the HW platforms required for running the algorithms during the preliminary design phases.
- Liaise with other subsystems’ responsible (e.g. RF engineers, control SW developed) to ensure consistency of the interfaces and mitigate risks of possible deviations
- Have a knowledge of the market and support make-or-buy choices before starting the development.
- Develop, in a collaborative environment, the designed algorithms on the selected platform.
- Support the project manager in presenting and answer questions about the project to the customer.
- Propose new innovative ideas in the field of satellite communications for what concerns new technologies and methodologies
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications engineering
- Strong background in signal theory and digital signal processing is a must, together with some years of experience in algorithms design and development.
- Knowledge of Matlab and at least one additional programming language (Python/C++).
- A good understanding of signal security, including interference, jamming and spoofing. Ideally some experience in treat detection and mitigation techniques.
- Experience in evaluating telecommunication signal performances, through simulation and theoretical analysis.
- Experience in real-time DSP using SDR or FPGA platforms.
- Familiarity with navigation and communication COTS hardware.
- Knowledge of civilian and military satellite communications standard is an asset.
- Valid driving license category B, availability to occasional international travels.
- EU nationality and eligibility to obtain a Personal Security Clearance up to SECRET level is mandatory.