Technology Expert (3310, L0)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
PROVISIONAL DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
* Perform data analysis and data modelling; proving expert knowledge of relational database systems and application development environments;
* Design, review and develop business processes using BPM technology, mainly Oracle (or Activity based);
* Implement DB related configuration for business processes;
* Analysis of requirements given by the business analysts and translation into DB structures to implement the requirements;
* Develop, maintain and test software that reflects the specifications, especially the part of DB management as support for the development of BPM processes;
* Produce and maintain up-to-date the software architecture documents;
* Analysis of the integration of different IT systems; collaboration and communication with teams of external applications - DECIDE, Ares, SFC BO, SFC FO, etc.;
* Provide assistance with deployment and configuration of the system; provide assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology;
* Perform analysis and implementation of user requirements and change requests, as well as defects fixing related with database configuration and scripts.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
* Expert knowledge in the following: RDBMS (Oracle 11g, SQL), DB languages (PL/SQL), especially Oracle RDBMS and tools, database management systems;
* Expert knowledge of application design and modelling tools;
* Experience with Business Process Management tools (e.g. JBoss BPM, Oracle BPM) is an asset;
* Good knowledge of Aris, Maven, Angular, RESTfull Web APIs, JBOSS Drools (Business rules) it's an important asset;
* Knowledge of regulations pertaining to ESIF Family as well as their specific IT portfolio of applications it's a definite asset;
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, AGILE, PM²) is an asset;
* Good drafting skill, ability to deliver technical presentations;
* Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design;
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills; strong motivation, efficiency;
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in working in team.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/4539
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 28 February, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 18 February, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address