Technology Expert (3168, L4)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 11 years of relevant work experience.
* Perform design, development, unit/integration testing and maintenance of software that both follow the reference architecture rules and accurately implement the specifications received in the documents of analysis provided by the business analysts of the project;
* Contribute to the BPM platform solution architecture, propose innovative new designs and develop prototypes, rollout pilots;
* Produce and maintain up-to-date the software architecture and components design documentation, development manuals and tutorials to be used by the BPM development community at EC, based on the reference architecture;
* Prototype development of business processes and maintain BPM reference flows (business processes) to demonstrate the usage of new features/components added to the BPM platform;
* Provide technical scripts/documents and assistance with deployment and configuration of the system;
* Follow-up development of change requests and defects fixing and if necessary perform;
* Follow-up meetings with RTD's team members (architecture owners, team leaders; testers; project manager).
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and expertise
* Minimum 3 years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Development, abstract thinking, reusable components design and development
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Message Oriented Middleware/Enterprise Service Bus technologies;
* Minimum 2 years of experience with microservices and RESTful paradigms;
* Minimum 2 years of experience with modern UI paradigms (client-side scripting)
* Minimum 2 years of experience with any BPM platform (e.g. Activiti, Jboss BPM, Oracle BPM)
* Knowledge of developing services on top of component-based architecture;
* Knowledge of interoperability protocols (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, RMI, JSON);
* Ability to write technical documents using UML diagrams
* Ability to make technical presentations to other colleagues in the development team as well as product presentations to business audience;
* Ability to apply high quality standards;
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills; strong motivation, efficiency;
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
* University degree with minimum 6 years of experience in IT;
* Very good knowledge and hands-on experience of Java, JEE, Java Script;
* Experience with CQRS, Event Sourcing, KAFKA;
* Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Dockers
* Angular 2 experience is an asset;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/4349
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 18 January, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address