Technology Expert (3081, L3)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Expert, based in Brussels.
* Integration of hardware, operating system and application software for Windows workstations, smartphones, media tablets and servers (Windows and Linux), resulting in "Reference Configurations" for desktop, laptops, hybrid mobile devices (e.g. convertibles), smartphones, media tablets, servers and remote desktop servers.
* System integration testing.
* Development of automated system installation procedures for Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10, iOS, Android, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2 and more recent versions.
* Second level technical support for the abovementioned configurations and system installation procedures.
* Pro-active follow up on the technology advances of the abovementioned technologies
* Product evaluations for the mobile platform's administration and management tools, including market survey, technical evaluation, testing and preparation of technical reports.
* Installation and configuration of smartphones and tablets.
* Development of technical documentation (compilation of user guides, documentation of procedures, evaluation reports, etc.).
* Project management:
* problem understanding, specifications, flowcharts
* program analysis, development, testing and maintenance (to create installations scripts and related utilities)
* preparation of project descriptions, functional specifications, technicalspecifications.
* writing technical documentation
* activity management and task/project status reporting
* team management
* reengineering / tuning of the development process flow
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills
* Proven experience in the abovementioned tasks is essential
* Expert Knowledge of iOS
* Expert Knowledge of Android
* Expert Knowledge in Mobile Device Management platforms
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems family (Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2 and more recent versions)
* Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPN), Windows networking and the Active Directory (Group Policies etc.)
* Knowledge of at least one scripting/batch language for the Windows environment, in particular Powershell.
* Knowledge of Windows installation and deployment tools, based on scripting and cloning techniques.
* Knowledge of PC hardware and of x86 server hardware.
* Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, POSIX/SUS V3 and open source software
* Ability to pro-actively follow the technology progress and make sound recommendations based on that.
Optional Specific Expertise
* Experience with MobileIron MDM product
* Experience of Software Distribution and Asset Management systems
* Experience of software development in high-level programming languages.
* Proven experience in SharePoint management or/and programming
* Certification of ITIL for service delivery and service support
* Technical presentation skills.
* Microsoft Certified Solution Developer status, MCSE (or equivalent)
In addition the job holder should have:
* A very good command of English (written and spoken).
* Enthusiasm and motivation to work, strong teamwork abilities.
* Flexibility and Resilience
* Autonomy and potential to develop skills and learn new technologies.
* Good initiative capability and independent problem solving experience.
* Project management skills.
* Service delivery experience and IT service management.
* Ability to manage parallel tasks and cope with pressure, in particular in crisis situations.
* Ability to report rigorously on the activities and to draft accurate and qualitative documents.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/4583
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 28 February, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 26 February, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address