Technology Expert (2173, L4)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 11 years of relevant work experience.
* Provide technical expertise advice, assistance, technology watch and support on Elasticsearch and search technology in general.
* Proof of Concept, prototyping, development and deployment of infrastructure solutions, particularly on the basis of Elasticsearch and its integration with JEE solutions.
* Provide technical support to facilitate the integration of different solutions of the current IT Infrastructure of the Commission within the Enterprise Search.
* Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the area of expertise.
* Risk analysis.
* Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures.
* Provide expert advice on Identity and Access Management solutions and infrastructures in the context of Enterprise Search.
The Ideal Candidate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Experience on JEE developments of at least 11 years (specific expertise).
* Deep knowledge and experience working with Elasticsearch search engine of at least 5 years.
* Experience working on similar large-scale search-related projects.
* Proven knowledge on scalable search architectures.
* Proven knowledge on security models within an Enterprise Search.
* Experience in search quality optimization.
* Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
The service provider shall have the following expertise:
* The experience as stated in the framework contract for the regarded profile
* Languages: Excellent oral and written English level. Excellent technical written skills. Knowledge of French is an advantage
* Project management within projects of methodology application or application on change management
* Experience working Agile
* Sound experience in projects that have applied successfully well-established software engineering methodologies
* Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working
* Drafting skills
* Competent communicator
* Customer and results oriented individual
* Good planner, able to follow more than one subject at a time
* Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer oriented
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS
The work will mainly be done in the premises of the European Commission in Brussels, with occasional visits to Luxembourg.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/3051
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 08 November, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address