Technology Expert (0650, L0)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
NATURE OF THE TASKS
The candidate is expected to perform the following activities:
* Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects.
* Provision of quality assurance process: creating test plans, establishing a testing strategy, establishing a testing schedule based on software development process, establishing testing scenarios and automated scripts, executing testing at every test level, executing automated tests, following testing techniques and quality conventions.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Deep knowledge of software testing methodologies, principles, and strategies (desired ISTQB certification), test management process, defect management.
* Good knowledge of the automated testing.
* Good knowledge of testing tools (Ranorex, Selenium, Postman, JIRA, Confluence, SoapUI, SonarQube, JUnit, JMeter,..).
* Knowledge of business process analysis.
* Knowledge of the software development methodologies (Agile, PM2, RUP).
* Capacity to write clear and structural technical documents (test plans, test strategies, test cases, test reports, etc).
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills.
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in working in team.
* Knowledge of interoperability and messaging mechanisms (SOAP, WS-Security, AS4, e-Codex, e-Delivery) would be a plus.
* Excellent written and oral command of English and/or French.
The selected candidate will work in the in-house testing team of JUST.B4, place of work is in Brussels, Belgium.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum educational qualifications: masters's level or 5 years of higher education
* Minimum number of years of professional experience: 3 years
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/2033
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 03 October, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address