Technology Expert (0103, M5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
* Provision of advice and assistance in any area associated with the procurement, provision, delivery, maintenance, deployment, hosting, effective use of information systems and their environments.
* Provision of quality plans, service level agreements, quality control and evaluation, quality assessments or other quality matters associated with information systems projects.
* Perform design, development, unit/integration testing and maintenance of software that both follow the reference architecture rules and accurately implement the specifications received in the documents of analysis provided by the business analysts of the project;
* Management of quality tests.
* Assistance and support to information system developers
* Provision of security studies, security assessments or other security matters associated with information system projects.
* Functional requirements and business case analysis.
* Risk analysis. DIGIT TM - 000103 2/3
* Provision of technical studies, technical expertise, technical evaluations in relation with information systems.
* Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* In depth knowledge of information systems matters.
* In depth knowledge in IT consulting matters.
* Working experience of JAVA (JEE) technology.
* Working experience of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP).
* Good knowledge in relational databases management.
* Good knowledge of UML Modelling language.
* Experience in Object Oriented Design and Development, abstract thinking, reusable components design and development
* Experience with Message Oriented Middleware/Enterprise Service Bus technologies;
* Experience with micro services and RESTful paradigms;
* Experience with modern UI paradigms (client-side scripting)
* Capacity in preparing and writing studies.
* Ability to apply high quality standards.
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, excellent communicator.
* Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment. Languages
* Fluency (written and oral) in English and ability to follow conversation, meetings and read documents in French and/or English.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/1645
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 17 August, 2018
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 16 August, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address