Technical Marketing Engineer (294405)
Job ID 294405 - Posted 12/03/2018 - Belgium - Leuven - Digital Factory - Engineering - Experienced Professional - Permanent - Full time only
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Technical marketing engineer
Or Technical Go-to-market engineer
Siemens Industry Software N.V. (SISW, formerly known as LMS) is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. SISW is part of the Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
Within the Test Sub-segment, we are searching for a Technical Marketing Engineer for the team in Leuven, Belgium. The Technical Marketing Engineer is an engineer with a strong affinity with sales and marketing. The TME will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. The TME must have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and has the skills to translate the technical content as delivered by product management and business development teams into clear value propositions. The TME reports to the go-to-market manager for the Simcenter testing solutions.
* Technical marketing: Creation of marketing collaterals for our Simcenter testing solutions and products : articles, solution briefs, technical white papers, solution presentations, videos and demonstrations supporting industry or product excitement campaigns.
* Enablement: Creation of training materials for enablement of regional presales, portfolio development and sales engineer.
* Launches: Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences
* Demonstrators: Build and maintain a demonstration environment for our Simcenter testing solutions.
* Competitive analysis: Work with the Product management and business development teams for market and competitive analysis
* Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
* M.Sc degree in marketing, business or engineering.
* Extensive customer and field experience is a must, through sales, pre-sales or marketing related positions
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
* Experience with test-based engineering products in the fields of vibration, acoustics, fatigue, performance engineering. Basics on simulation-based engineering is an extra asset.
* Knowledge on Siemens Testing solutions (LMS Test.Lab & LMS SCADAS) portfolio or competitive products (B&K, Dewesoft, Dewetron, HBM, Head Acoustics, Mueller-BBM…) an extra asset
* Experience with multiple industries (automotive & transportation, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, heavy equipment, consumer goods, energy) is an extra asset
* Fluent in English, knowledge of German and/or French are extra strong assets
* Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of working towards deadlines. Must be resourceful & proactive.
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity.
* Team player that works well in collaborative situations.
* Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company.
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, which develops LMS simulation and testing solutions in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. LMS solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.