Technical Integration Engineer - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001937 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading
provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Tractebel Nuclear Business Line seeks for its "Engineering Management" Department a:
Technical Integration Engineer
Business Entity Belgium
The "Plant Layout & Integration" group, which is part of the "Engineering Management" Department of the NUCLEAR Business Line, provides engineering and consulting services in:
* Technical Integration: issuing multidisciplinary synthesis reports and ensuring technical consistency of Nuclear project deliverables and technical excellence through coordination of the technical disciplines and overall nuclear expertise;
* Layout: integration of input from different technical disciplines and coordination of BIM Modellers / Draftsmen to achieve an optimum spatial arrangement for a new facility or modifications to existing plants, taking into account all project constraints including safety, constructability, economics, operations, maintenance, etc ;
* Drafting: development of models and drawings of technical solutions (BIM/ CAD 3D model, 2D implantation drawings, Civil Works guide drawings, Site Plot Plans, isometrics, PID, etc).
The key competences of the "Plant Layout & Integration" Group are related to:
* Design assessment of Generation III/III+ reactors, not limited to but with particular emphasis on EPR, AP1000, ATMEA1 and EU-APR designs ;Follow-up of Generation IV and Small Modular Reactor (SMR) designs;
* Follow-up of Generation IV and Small Modular Reactor (SMR) designs;
* Engineering and Consulting services for Nuclear New Build projects (siting, licensing, design, layout, Owner requirements, Bid Invitation Specifications, EPC Contract Development, etc);
* Design and construction of complex plant modifications and new facilities at operating Nuclear Power Plant units (for refurbishment and D&D projects) e.g. spent fuel storage facilities, waste management facilities, Long Term Operation and Post-Fukushima modifications, Containment Filter Venting System, new bunkerised facilities, etc;
* Layout development and Drafting for:
* Nuclear projects (see hereabove);
* International Gas Projects (e.g. new LNG Terminals);
* National and International Conventional Power projects (Combined Cycle Power Plants, Biomass Power Plants, Coal Fired Power Plants, Diesel Engines Power Plants) and Industry projects (e.g. pharmaceutical industry).
Technical Integrator role on a project (sometimes called "Technical Coordinator") mainly consists in ensuring the technical consistency of the project deliverables and the technical excellence of the solutions developed in line with the client expectations while respecting the budget and the planning. This responsibility is of course shared with the Project Manager and the Discipline Experts working on the project.
* You act as a major technical interface between the Project Manager and the Discipline Experts ensuring the coordination and integration of multidisciplinary technical competences;
* You are the technical interface for the client and you play a major role in the achievement of the key deliverables such as engineering, design studies, technical specifications, white book, etc.;
* You provide technical guidelines of the project for the disciplines involved. You introduce adequate hold points and design reviews within a project and perform technical review for ensuring the general consistency of project deliverable;
* You anticipate problems and customer needs for the different disciplines; identifying and managing technical risks and non-conformities
* You manage efficiently the technical interfaces between technical disciplines and contractual package;
* You draft general and multidisciplinary technical and/or contractual documents on basis of the inputs of different disciplines and project stakeholders (including Customers);
* You contribute to the further development of the multidisciplinary competences by indicating areas for improvement and integrating lessons learnt.
Technical Integrator profile must have sufficient expertise to integrate the various disciplines of his/her project (process, safety, mechanical, electrical, I&C, fuel, civil works, site constraints, contractual aspects, basic legal and financial principles, etc) in order to ensure the technical performance of a project.
* You have a master in Engineering;
* You have a general knowledge of nuclear installations of PWR or BWR designs ( nuclear island and/or conventional island and/or balance of plant), developed through participation in power plant projects for 5 years;
* An experience in the new designs of nuclear power plants (Generation III, Generation IV, SMR,…) is an asset;
* You are result oriented and you demonstrate leadership;
* You have outstanding judgment, organization and decision making skills;
* You have basic knowledge of project management techniques and have coordination skills;
* You are a team player, good listener, collaborative and communicator;
* You have the capacity to integrate various disciplines (process, safety, mechanical, electrical, I&C, fuel, civil works, site constraints, contractual aspects, basic legal and financial principles, etc.) in order to ensure the technical performance of a project;
* You have several years of experience in at least one of these disciplines;
* You are interested in international projects;
* Languages skills: Fluent English as well as French and/or Dutch.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Jun 3, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.